All Topics / Help Needed! / Mentor in Sydney

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of smileysharynsmileysharyn
    @smileysharyn

Hi there, just wondering if anyone can recommend a great mentor in Sydney ?

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Hi Smilysharyn. It seems they don't get up as early as you do, but someone will have a name for you later perhaps. welcome to the forum. check out the programs offered by Steve McKnight, we thoroughly enjoyed the mentoring through the RESULTS program and benefited way beyond the cost, even in our niche of motel investment and operations, and while you don't mention what aspect of property investment you want mentoring in, the options were unlimited . 

Good luck

Cheers

thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Sharyn

Welcome aboard :-)

There are a few mentorship type service that you pay a fee for. 

There's also plenty of free information/resources such as this forum. If you're willing to put in the time/effort to learn – you shouldn't need to spend too much at all.

What are you aiming to get out of a mentor?

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of smileysharynsmileysharyn
    @smileysharyn

Great, thanks thecrest!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Sharyn

As Jamie mentioned if you tell us what you are looking for in a Mentor weight be able to assist.

I took on a number of students a few years ago all who have done very well and this year my partner and I are trying to make 100 equity millionaires.

Hard to point you in the right direction unless we know a little more about what you are trying achieve.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest
    Qlds007 wrote:
    . . . . this year my partner and I are trying to make 100 equity millionaires. . . .

Hi Richard.

Would you pls PM me about this.

Cheers

thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Are you looking for a mentoring service or just someone to answer questions and guide you on your way?

Hopefully you are not just looking for someone to do all the hard work for you and tell you where and what to buy.

You need to at least have a basic understanding of what you want to get out of property investing and a few ideas of how you will achieve your goals.

Meetups are a great place to start. No pressure just come along ad chat. Very informal.

If you really want to do this you will. There have been a few people on here asking for mentors. I have messaged a few but when push comes to shove they can't even be bothered driving half an hour to chat about it.

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

This forum has been the best mentor for me, I have read countless posts I would owe most of what I know about IP from people in these forum posts over the last several years. Its also the best value for money lol

Profile photo of madingomadingo
    Participant
    @madingo

Hi Earl,

Just wondering what is involved in the meetups that you mentioned.

Is there an ongoing fee? Is there a structure to the meetups? and how often are these meetups….weekly/monthly?

Cheers

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

There are a few meetup groups.

I go to this one.   http://www.meetup.com/sydney-investor/  In the past they have been in the city, Chatswood or Baulkham Hils.

A few a year. There is no cost (besides your drinks and dinner if you want. Just turn up and chat. There are beginners and more experienced investors. Most are into property but not all.

There other groups that organise guest speakers though. Just do a search on Meetup.com to find what you are looking for.

If you want some structured type meetings you could go to these.

http://www.rightpropertygroup.com.au/homepage

They meet fortnightly at Rydges and Parramatta. The charge is $10 and they have set topics. It's a great way to learn the basics. Get there a little early to chat or hang around afterwards to meet like minded people.

You can learn a lot just by chatting to others. Sometimes what to do and sometimes some great stories of what NOT to do. I saved a lot of costly mistakes by learning from others mistakes.

Profile photo of madingomadingo
    Participant
    @madingo

Hi Earl,

Thanks for the links. I will definitely be contacting both of them and setting up a bit of networking.

We are looking at buying and renovating a PPOR over the next 2 years.

We are looking at a purchase price around $400 – $550K in and around the sydney area.

The area that we have been looking for properties is around the Camden/Mount Annan areas.

Does anyone have any other undervalued suburb recommendations?

Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.