All Topics / Help Needed! / Albury, Dubbo or something else?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of preethy10preethy10
    @preethy10

Hi All

I am a newbie to investing. I am looking at buying something in ~$220K range with a view of buy and hold. The rent should help in paying up almost most of the mortgage payments.

I was looking at Dubbo and Albury.. What is your opinion on these suburbs?

I was looking at western sydney too.. but i think i missed the boat there… Any other suburbs in NSW that you would suggest?

Thanks in advance for your help 

Cheers

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Preethy

I personally like both towns but convinced you get much for 220K in either.

Like any area there are certain parts of both you need to avoid like the plague.

At the moment my partner and I are not buying for our forum clients in either town as I believe there are better opportunities in both NSW & VIC this than the towns mentioned.

In saying that we focus on yield and capital growth.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of preethy10preethy10
    @preethy10

What do you guys think of woodridge or logan central in brisbane? This seems to be another place where we can afford to invest in townhouses

Profile photo of TheNewGuyTheNewGuy
    Participant
    @thenewguy

Maybe I misunderstood your comment, but I wouldn't look where you can afford (ie. $220k property) then figure out if it's worth it. You should look where you can get a good investment, then see if you can afford it.

That way you're only looking at good investments. I was originally looking at Brisbane, but not on the south side. In the end I decided not to, and one of the main reasons was all the advertising and attention that Brisbane was getting. There are a number of posts on this forum about it, but also there are a bunch of web pages, agents are advertising it and I even saw it on the latest episode of Selling Houses Australia…. all that made me think that the best opportunity to buy was 6 months ago, not now!

Profile photo of Alex MAlex M
    Participant
    @alex-m
    preethy10 wrote:
    What do you guys think of woodridge or logan central in brisbane? This seems to be another place where we can afford to invest in townhouses

I would make sure I knew the area in Woodridge, some parts are not pretty. Or safe indecision

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.