All Topics / General Property / 3 townhouses on a 836 sqm block in Whitehorse council

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of dev2retdev2ret
    @dev2ret

Hello Guys,

I'm currently looking at development opportunities in E/SE Melbourne.

One opportunity I'm looking at is a 836 sqm block (~ 15 m x 55 m) in Whitehorse council in a R1Z zone.

Would 3 townhouses be achievable on this block size.  All comments appreciated. Recommendations for property development consultants to assist with feasibility assessment welcome.

Cheers Grant 

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Hi dev2ret,

Welcome!

15 metre frontage…..slim but 55m is good. I am not sure if there is a restriction, however, you can definitely get 3 descent size townhouses on there. However, your probably looking at 20 sq and not common driveway and turning circle which will limit the design as well as easements.

Suggest you give the council a call to see whether there are limitations. We have done 2 townhouse developments in Surrey Hills, Burwood and Box Hill, Vermont, and Box Hill Sth however there were 30 sq townhouses. Currently building a stand alone house 40sq in Camberwell – the best yet!

Once you get the design I can recommend a builder for a quote.

Cheers Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of peiranyupeiranyu
    @peiranyu

Hi Ivan, 

I am looking for a builder right now for single unit work at whitehourse area. Would you please recommend me a good builder?

thanks

TOM

Melbourne planning permit
    Participant
    @planningpermit

Hi Grant,

I trust you have got your Application into Whitehorse Council by now. If not check to see what the future zoning will be (Whitehorse is yet to have their zoning approved by the Minister) If its GRZ then that’s good. If NRZ you will be restricted to two units. I got 3 units on 15m wide x 42m site/ It faced a Main road so turning circles were critical for Vic Roads. Check to see where your LPOD is as Whitehorse often has its stormwater discharge point away from the site. With a 55m depth and if the orientation is good, then 3 good units are a goer. Mine had three storey units.

Melbourne planning permit
    http://subdivisionpermit.weebly.com/

Planning, Architecture and Subdivision Permit experts. We stretch site boundaries!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.