All Topics / Help Needed! / Developing Strata Titled Property

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of kateej03kateej03
    Participant
    @kateej03

Hi,

I am interested in a property in WA that is strata titled, however as the zoning is r60 it is possible to build apartments on the block. My question is what are the implications in doing so on a strata title? I beleive the other property owners may need to give permission for it to go ahead, however when I asked the agent about it he said there is no strata company so it shouldn't be an issue.

Does anyone know the answer? If it is a matter of the other owners agreeing to the development is it possible to have a clause in the contract for the vendor to get approval in writing from the other owners, or would it still be possible for them to change their minds afterwards?

Thanks in advance,

Kate

Profile photo of Modernity InvestingModernity Investing
    Participant
    @mark-coburn

Kate, 

Ask Dave Ward on this forum. He built a block of 75 a couple of years ago. 

Modernity Investing
    Email Me

Profile photo of kateej03kateej03
    Participant
    @kateej03

Hi Mark,

I just need to find our specifically about developing on a block that is already part of a strata title – do you know if his was?

Thanks,

Kate

Profile photo of Modernity InvestingModernity Investing
    Participant
    @mark-coburn

He will know or find out for you. Call Dave on 0425 559 648

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/user/dave-ward

Modernity Investing
    Email Me

Profile photo of Simon PlummerSimon Plummer
    Participant
    @plummer

A Strata Company (Body Corporate or Owners Corporation in other states) is just the collective of all the lot owners.  I'm not sure what the agent means by none exist. Perhaps he/she means there is no Strata Manager.

You would definitely need majority (if not unanimous) agreement from the other lot owners to develop. This would need to be fully minuted from a general meeting with a quorum. I would assume once agreed there is no way for them to renege if the lot was sold. I can't be certain though as it would depend on specifically what they have agreed to.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.