All Topics / Help Needed! / Western sydney investing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of waydo77waydo77
    Participant
    @waydo77

Hi all,

Was looking to invest in western sydney suburbs in houses around 300k mark with possible reno/granny flat to increase yield.

when I first looked at starting was approximately a year ago, the last few months seems the market is starting to move and im worried I may have missed the uopportunity to buy at a good price.

I am considering looking at the brisbane market if sydney is getting too heated.

So is anyone still getting good deals in the west sydney area with good yields?

cheeeeers

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hiya Waydo

There's been a fair bit of activity in West Syd for a while now – I had clients only a year or two ago buying for low $200's – now they seem to be selling for a fair bit more. It's a big area though and there will always be opportunities. Personally, I'd keep my eyes open on other areas too.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

I would think outside the square with western sydney and find decent sized lands that are due to have zoning changes. 

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of waydo77waydo77
    Participant
    @waydo77

hey shahin,

where would you find reliable info on zoning changes?

cheers

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Remember be very careful buying in Brisbane and then trying to build a granny flat or converting it to a multi income style property as it is actually illegal in Brisbane City Council governed suburbs.

Must admit there are a few Councils who have now embrassed the multi occupation and these are proving very popular with our investors.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.