All Topics / Help Needed! / No Council Approval- Ideas?????

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ConnollyConnolly
    Participant
    @connolly

Hi all,

Negotiating a deal for private sale, reno project to keep in portfolio as a long term hold. 3×1 on big block however stumbling point is the rear add on, a space approx 12x8m which is the living room, the old living room has been bricked in and gyprocked to form a 4th bedroom.

This added on space doesnt have council approval and it looks like it has been done pretty rough, to convert back to old floor plan would cost a fortune to do. However not keen on moving forward unless approval can be obtained.

Spoke with council today regarding process and costs $400 to put paperwork through for add on to be included onto floorplan on the premise a builder comes out and tick its off as being safe and built to industry standard, etc. So its not a sure thing- anyone had dealings with local council on getting these things through and any suggestions or things I should be aware of.

Council is Rockingham WA.

Apologies on the novel!

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Contact a town planner – like this guy:

http://www.aaronsice.com.au

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of Jeff123Jeff123
    Participant
    @jeff123

From what I've heard, if it's built to a good standard and there's no major incursions where there shouldn't be, the approval shouldn't be too hard to get, although depending on the Council they can make it a bit of a pain.  One downside could be that once they know about it they may order it rectified if they don't approve it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.