All Topics / Help Needed! / New or old unit?????

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of Modernity InvestingModernity Investing
    Participant
    @mark-coburn
    Jamie M wrote:
    The thing I dislike about new properties is that the vast majority of the time there's middle men making large profits – and it's the buyer that's paying for it…..and if it's an off the plan property, that comes with a whole other set of risks to consider, especially if the development isn't due for completion for quite some time.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie, 

Profits or middle men, if you are buying at the right new price, the property should only be 3-4% MORE expensive then the average old would be. That's not much extra for peace of mind, ease of maintenance, reduced stamp duty, depreciation and rent-a-blity. Exchanged, settled, built and rented in less than 30 weeks.

With a 4 bd house build cost to the investor at below $880 per square metre NET (4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, 2 Car, 212M2 in Queensland) it all stacks up.

Modernity Investing
    Email Me

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Mark

Personally I haven't come across a new property that looked like an appealing investment and they don't work with my strategy of buy, reno and hold.

I'm sure there's some good ones out there where the numbers stack up – but I've also seen plenty of spruikers making $20k+ commissions from acting as a middle men in the transaction. Normally for high density stuff up in QLD.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.