All Topics / Opinionated! / Christmas what does it mean to you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of GizzyGizzy
    Participant
    @gizzy

Christmas what does it mean to you? To me Christmas is getting together with family. We normally have one huge Chris Cringle, Santa hands out the presents, food galore and everyone is happy. I have it every year and I have all the family, this year my sister had it and she only had part of the family. This put so much pressure on everyone else instead of being together we had to run around visiting everyone and taking presents for everyone , it was horrible it did not feel like Christmas … Next year I shall be having Christmas , Santa shall come and everyone shall be together.

The other thing was everyone was so concerned about presents and not the true meaning all the family together . This year my hubby asked what do you want for Christmas I said a watch ( I lost mine a couple of weeks ago) I got my lovely watch and it is beautiful. When asked what I got I said a watch, is that all you got what else??? my answer a watch its all I needed .

I have a beautiful husband , a lovely house, 1 horse , 2 dogs, 2 cats, and fish tank . I just had a holiday in FIJI . I have everything I want in my life I don’t want anything else, I only needed a watch!!!! Is it not normal to not want in things for Christmas .. What I wanted was all My family together in the one place ( NEXT YEAR it shall happen)

Cheers

sorry had to vent

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Yes unfortunately commercial hype takes over. It seems to be getting worse (now with Halloween added in to the mix). It is a shame when the gifts are the most important thing.

My hubby and I don't normally buy presents for each other. We have just made some big purchases for our home and we didn't need anything else. If there is something I see that he would like I get it. We travel a lot so that's our spend on ourselves budget for the year.

I hate shopping so find the present shopping stressful and it's a really busy time for me at work so time is difficult.

I love getting together with family though but am exhausted when it's over. With split families it goes on for 3 days. I'm thinking of moving one day to mid Dec or mid January. It will be more relaxed. It's all at my place. There are always a few tears ever year.

Have a great holiday break.

Profile photo of GizzyGizzy
    Participant
    @gizzy

Thanks Catalyst

I thought I was the only one thinking Christmas is getting harder …  I have already told the family it's our house next year and everyone is welcome .  Chris Cringle shall be on again and Santa shall be handing out the presents,  I love a family gathering. 

Have a fantastic New Years Eve  ..

Cheers

Gayle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.