All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying 2nd Property

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of dublingirldublingirl
    @dublingirl

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum.  I bought my first property in late 2010.   The property was a dive of a place but spent a few dollars renovating and made some $$$ after I had it revalued 3 months ago by Property Valuer through one of the major four banks.  Anyway I want to upgrade to my second property.   I'm interested in buying another run down pad that needs cosmetic makeover.   I will live in the second property I buy and rent out the first one and keep as investment.

I suppose the question is how do I get into the 2nd property and how much $$$ do I need upfront?  To cover deposit, fees etc…   I hear stories of people borrowing money against their properties.  I suppose I just want the easiest way to buy 2nd property.  Any advice?  

I'm based in South West, Western Australia

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Dublingirl

Welcome to the forum and i hope you enjoy your time with us.

if you intend to live in the second property as your principal place of residence then you could probably get away with 5% deposit plus something to cover your acquisition costs.

One lender we use would allow a 95% lvr + LMI and then provide an additional amount to cover your renovation costs.

If your existing property has increased in value you should be able to access enough to equity to cover your deposit.

Your Banker or Broker should be able to instruct a valuation for you.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of dave70insydneydave70insydney
    @dave70insydney

Must admit i am not sure dublingirl but would be interested as we are looking at buying our second property also.

Profile photo of dave70insydneydave70insydney
    @dave70insydney

Hi Richard

Can you help me with the finance for IP number 2 ?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Dave

Yes that is what we do for forum clients.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Try ordering a few different types of valuation across a few lenders. Most likely there will be a bit of difference in the valuation amount quoted by each valuer. 

You may find that another bank will give you more equity than your current bank.

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    dublingirl wrote:

I suppose the question is how do I get into the 2nd property and how much $$$ do I need upfront?  To cover deposit, fees etc…   I hear stories of people borrowing money against their properties.  I suppose I just want the easiest way to buy 2nd property.  Any advice?  

Easy peasy.

Have the first property valued – and if there's equity available, tap into it.

That equity will then be used to cover the deposit and purchase costs on your next property.

You then take out a third loan to cover the remaining balance on the next property.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.