All Topics / Help Needed! / Overland Flow Path

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of RamkiSydneyRamkiSydney
    Participant
    @ramkisydney

Hi,

The property I am looking in Brisbane has the following information in flood map, could some one please explain what it is & anything to be worried?

Flood and property development flags are used to identify properties which may be subject to particular flooding or

property development conditions or restrictions. The following flags apply to this property:

Overland Flow Path

Regards

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Ramki,

Welcome aboard !!   The phrase you mentioned was unknown to me (though the wording indicated what it might mean).   So I went Googling!! smiley

Go here for explanation :-

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/community/community-safety/disasters-and-emergencies/types-of-disasters/flooding/understanding-your-flood-risk/types-of-flooding/index.htm

Since it is BCC's own site, I think the content can be trusted,

Benny

Profile photo of RamkiSydneyRamkiSydney
    Participant
    @ramkisydney

Thanks Benny, are you property investor in & around Brisbane?

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

Thanks Benny, good article!

For those who can't be bothered clicking the above link here is what it says

Overland flow flooding

Overland flow is excess rainfall runoff from homes, driveways and other surfaces.   Overland flow flooding is water that runs across the land after rain, either before it enters a creek or stream, after a creek or stream breaks its banks, or after rising to the surface naturally from underground.  Overland flow flooding tends to affect localised areas rather than the whole city at once.

What you can do to manage overland flow flooding

Overland flow flooding can be unpredictable and its severity will depend on the amount of rainfall.

You can understand overland flow flooding by looking at the natural overland flow path through your property and taking appropriate steps to prepare and protect yourself and your home.  Consider these natural flows when you are looking to renovate, build a fence or put in a shed.  Remember where water will flow.

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi again,

Quote:
    Thanks Benny, are you property investor in & around Brisbane?

Yes.  I kicked off in 1999 after spending almost a year "boning up" – going to seminars, meeting good people like Steve McKnight, Jan and Ian Somers, and many other PI's from all around the place.   The knowledge gleaned from them helped me to gain the confidence to "get in".   And the timing was excellent too.  

Do you buy in Brisbane yourself?

Benny

Profile photo of RamkiSydneyRamkiSydney
    Participant
    @ramkisydney

Not yet in Brisbane looking aroun.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.