All Topics / Help Needed! / Getting started in property investing – looking for a mentor

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Danny_mac1984Danny_mac1984
    @danny_mac1984

Hi there,  myself and my brother in law live in Adelaide and are looking to invest in property asap.  Unfortunately we have limited equity in our homes and not a lot of savings behind us.  We would love to meet with someone in Adelaide who has experience in property investing (no matter how many properties you own/control) and take you out for a free lunch and pick your brains.  We know there are many creative ways to secure a deal, but need some guidance and some solid information to get us started sooner rather than later.  Is anyone able to help?  Dan from Athelstone SA.

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Danny,

and welcome !!   Good on you and BIL for looking to make your futures brighter.  I don't know of anyone in Adelaide, but many people learn an awful lot just by hanging around on here – reading, asking questions, etc.   

Since we all "Don't know what we don't know" when starting out, picking the brains of someone who DOES know is a smart move.   I hope you get a wealth of knowledge from this place, AND get to make contact with a "local" (to you, that is… )

Benny

Profile photo of Ryan McLeanRyan McLean
    Participant
    @ryan-mclean

Hey Danny,

There is a company called "Positive Real Estate" they offer a mentorship program (expensive…aka thousands of dollars to join) but they run free investor nights and will often take you out for a free coffee to discuss your investment plans.

Obivously they are going to try and sell you on their service, but there is no such thing as a "free lunch" so it comes with the territory.

I found the South Australia mentor for this company and put his details below. Ps. I am not affiliated with them or a member but I know some employees there and so from what I can see they are a pretty legit company.

David Neradil

Phone number 0412 357 411

Email: [email protected]

Ryan McLean | On Property
    http://onproperty.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of Danny_mac1984Danny_mac1984
    @danny_mac1984

Hey guys,

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond. I will engage more with this website and learn more about property investing. Thanks Ryan for the contact and appreciate your honesty.

Regards,

Dan.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Dan

Before you throw good money after old away you might want to do a forum search on the Company as there has been a number of posts written.

Remember these organisation are not registered charities and certainly won't show you how to do No money down deals.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of StrommerStrommer
    Participant
    @strommer

Hi Dan

I live in Norwood, so not far from you at all. We've currently got 3 IPs and I'm working on a 4th. I'm happy to meet up with you and BiL sometime for a chat but I'll let you know now that I'm in no position to offer my services as a mentor, in fact I could probably do with one myself. I might be able to offer some basic advice but I reckon that would be about it and I don't think it would do any harm to meet someone in a similar position and bounce ideas of each other.

pm me if you're interested.

Cheers.

Colin.

Profile photo of Danny_mac1984Danny_mac1984
    @danny_mac1984

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your reply. I would love to meet up regardless. I’m usually free wed/thurs mornings before 10am or sat mornings and Sunday’s .
    I’m happy to meet you in Norwood somewhere.

Regards,

Dan.

Profile photo of munmun5munmun5
    Participant
    @munmun5

Hey D Mac I can vouch for Steve Mcknights Cert 4 as I have completed the course. It is well structured and really gives you the fundamentals to not make the mistakes that most people do. Again not a free lunch but worth a look. Good luck

Vic

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.