All Topics / Overseas Deals / Japan Now a Police State

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Japan Secures Final Passage Of Secrecy Bill – Designed by Kafka & Inspired By Hitler?!!

Shinzo Abe secured final passage of a bill granting Japan’s govt sweeping powers to declare state secrets. The Bill won final approval of the measures at about 11:20 p.m. Tokyo time after opposition parties first forced a no-confidence vote in Abe’s govt in the lower house. The first rule of the pending Japan’s Special Secrets Bill is that what will be a secret is secret. The right to know has now been officially superseded by the right of the government to make sure you don’t know what they don’t want you to know. It might all seems like a bad joke, except for the Orwellian nature of the bill and a key Cabinet member expressing his admiration for the Nazis, "just as Germany needed a strong man like Hitler to revive defeated Germany, Japan needs people like Abe to dynamically induce change."

….and so it begins

Profile photo of Modernity InvestingModernity Investing
    Participant
    @mark-coburn

+1

They are sure moving in the wrong direction on this one.

Modernity Investing
    Email Me

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

It’s the standard game plan for a failing government. Chines money flowing into Japanese property. At least Ziv is happy.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

It's not democracy if there's no transparency, no accountability, no Freedom of Information Act, and it encourages condones and covers up mistakes and corruption.

As such, it can't last so the clock is ticking.

Cheers

thecrest 

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.