All Topics / Help Needed! / Vendor Terms Contract or Wrap?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of dotpiperdotpiper
    @dotpiper

Hi, I have a property which I still have a mortgage on and have been renting

to the same tenants for about 4 years. I want to offer them vendor terms to

buy it over say five years with a small deposit as they would not be able to get a loan as yet. They are very happy to do

this – can you tell me if this is possible – one solicitor told me I would

have to discharge the mortgage the other said yes but all the monies paid by

the tenant goes straight into my mortgage – my idea was to continue to make the same

payments and the extra would be cashflow for me.

Or can this be done as a wrap?

Look forward to your advice, thank you.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Yes it could be done. This is what is called a 'wrap'. Title would remain in your name until they are able to get conventional finance and pay your out.

Read your loan agreement though as you may need to get the lender's permission.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of jeddijeddi
    Participant
    @jeddi

Hi Dotpiper,

What you are proposing is quite reasonable and you can do just what you are suggesting. You would do well to get some one on one assistance however to ensure that you are entering into an agreement with someone who has the capacity to pay you and can get a home loan to complete the transaction at the end of the day.

You also need to set the arrangement up so that all your what-ifs are covered…such as -what if they lose their job, what if you decide you need to complete earlier, what if they change their mind, what if they cant get a loan in four years etc.

Wraps are a great solution for you, and for a buyer who cant qualify for bank finance right now, but just do your due diligence first or get some hand holding from an expert such as a vendor finance consultant with a Credit licence to make sure you aren't making any fundamental errors. 

Good luck with it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.