All Topics / Help Needed! / Help – I am a new investor and my mind is boggled!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Profile photo of NashyNashy
    @nashy

I am from a regional area at Tamworth. You can still buy 2 or 3 bedroom properties here for $150K to $200K. Consider all your options before jumping in.  It will take you years to become cash flow positive in the city.  Your increases in price in the city still have not landed in Regional NSW.

I was cash flow negative until my new strategy of fully furnishing the houses in 2012 to the present time.  So far of the 4 properties purchased 3 are cash flow positive.  My strategy is to fix the bathrooms and kitchens (if needed) paint, then fully furnish with single beds and rent to the 457 visa holders in the Tamworth area.  There are plenty of jobs that the local kids will not do, (abattoirs & baida), so there are plenty of these temporary visa holders in the city.   The tenants are great payers, on time every time. 

Since 2006 until 2011 and on a low income below $30k I have invested in 4 properties in this area, initially renting unfurnished and suffering from bad payers and damaged houses even with Real Estate Agents as managers.  I now have a new strategy, my returns are with the purchase prices $105K returning $700 P/W, $120K returning $700 P/W, and $185K returning $360 P/W.  They are all cash flow positive – the only one not cash flow positive with a purchase price of $160K returning $255P/W which still has to be renovated and fully furnished. 

I have retired from working at age 60 in January after only 2 years of this new strategy on a passive income of $104K.  I still use agents to manage the properties.

Profile photo of cbarrycbarry
    Participant
    @cbarry

Hi Nashy, amazing, sounds like you're doing really well. Thanks for sharing your story. It's definitely some food for thought :) Thans again.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Nashy i think you made your point,,,, in fact 3 times to be precise.

I have to say there are some areas of Tamworth you certainly wouldn't invest in.

I can think of many a safer town to invest with both positive cash flow and capital growth prospects.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Hari YellinaHari Yellina
    Participant
    @yellina

Barry, 

My name is Hari Yellina and invested in lot of properties in Australia. Best advice for the apartments is. 

• Close to city
    • 2 bedrooms 
    • 2 bathrooms 
    • 1 car space. 

This properties are always tenanted and will get more rental return. 

Why? 

• People do like to have their own car 
    • If 2 people want to share house, they need a separate bathroom. Especially woman are very particular about their bathroom. So, having 2 bathrooms is easy rentable.
    • 2 bedrooms. Nowadays, people like to live in 2 bedrooms. 

Thank you and please do post, if you need more clarifications. Hari Yellina is keen property investor and Exports fruits to the world. 

Hari Yellina
    Email Me

Keep Investing - Grow while Resting.

Profile photo of Paterson00Paterson00
    @paterson00
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Charlotte which lender did your current broker advise and why?

From what you told me by email i have an idea who i would have recommended especially with 100K deposit but always interested to hear what someone else in the industry recommends.

Just ask your Broker do they own a property or two and then secondly do they owe anything on them? 

We can all buy a property and gear 110% but when you can live off the rent because owe nothing on them that is different.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

What does it mean to gear 110%?

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    Paterson00 wrote:
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Charlotte which lender did your current broker advise and why?

From what you told me by email i have an idea who i would have recommended especially with 100K deposit but always interested to hear what someone else in the industry recommends.

Just ask your Broker do they own a property or two and then secondly do they owe anything on them? 

We can all buy a property and gear 110% but when you can live off the rent because owe nothing on them that is different.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

What does it mean to gear 110%?

borrow 110% of the value of the property

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Hari YellinaHari Yellina
    Participant
    @yellina

My name is Hari Yellina and a property Investor around Australia and Asia. 

I have been asked a question about mortgage brokers, They need to own properties before giving an advice. 

My answer. 

• Mortgage broker is like any service industry agent, We cannot expect him to buy houses, before he can advise you about loans. 
    • Doctors don't need to own hospitals to service you. 
    • President of a country doesn't need to be a Billionaire or Military officer to run the country
    • Lot of start ups are started by young people. like facebook and google. 

The point I am trying to make is, every one here is to make money. All you need to know is if he is getting you the best deal from the market. If he is honest with you. Does he have proper knowledge about the industry. How organized he/she is. 

Some brokers dont make lot of money because they are very honest with their clients. Choose wisely. 

Hari Yellina

Property Investor. 

Hari Yellina
    Email Me

Keep Investing - Grow while Resting.

Profile photo of premboprembo
    Participant
    @prem07

Hi everyone,

Has anyone invested in the following regional suburbs:
    Morwell
    Horsham
    Mildura
    Ararat
    Dimboola
    Stawell

I can see some +CF properties but I don’t know much about these suburbs. What to expect? How often renters turnover?
    Where can I find out about these suburbs.

Thanks
    Prem

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.