All Topics / Help Needed! / Positive Cash-flow Property Suburbs in VIC & NSW

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of David FranzeDavid Franze
    @david-franze

Hi all,

I’m interested in buying my first Positive Cash-flow Property interstate. I like to purchase in Victoria or New South Wales. I would appreciate if anyone would be willing to share suburbs in those states that they have had good experience investing in.

Thank You For Your Time

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Hi, welcome to the forum.

You'll need to give a bit more information? Do you want to do any renovating to MAKE it CF+ or do you expect to just buy one that is CF+ from day 1?

Are you interested in country towns?

How much do you have to spend?

What's your definition of CF+

Profile photo of David FranzeDavid Franze
    @david-franze

Thanks for the reply,

I aim to purchase properties that are cash-flow positive from day one. I don’t mind country towns as long as there have low rental property vacancies rates. For the first property I have a budget of approximately $200,000 but if possible I would like to purchase two $100,000 investments then one $200,000.

To me a cash-flow positive property is properties that the rental income covers all expenses related to the property plus some change left over. I’ve always paid the deposit, settlement and stamp duties and as of the date when the property changes name the property has been self sustainable.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi David

Yes we locate these sorts of properties for our clients all day long.

Sure takes some time and many years of in depth research & knowledge (which my business partner looks after).

As long as the town is big enough in population and acceptable to a lender then it is certainly doable.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Scope out the back of the IP related magazines that show the average rental yields and property values for each suburb in Australia. With that info – you'll be able to narrow down your search to a few areas.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of ChrisA1ChrisA1
    Participant
    @chrisa1

Jamie makes some good points. To add, make sure you understand the holding costs in the area you are interested in. I have found that holding costs seem to be more expensive in country areas than city areas.

ChrisA1

Persistence is 'to keep on keeping on, no matter how hard the going may be'

Profile photo of David FranzeDavid Franze
    @david-franze

Thanks everyone, For all your imput and advice I have some great ideas to start with. Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.