All Topics / Help Needed! / Aitkenvale (Townsville) or Logan Central

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of LealeaLealea
    @lealea

Hi,

I am new to this forum but I need some advice in regards to two places I am looking to invest in.  So I have been researching  two potential areas:

Aitkenvale (Townsville) and Logan Central – both are in Queensland.

On the plus side for Aitkenvale which is part of Townsville it is a major regional town with a lot of growth drivers including military (air force and army), James Cook University, agriculture and recently a main government base.  The area I am looking at is Aitkenvale as it is close to the university, hospital and army barracks and the Stocklands shopping centre.  On the negative, the council rates are high and insurance is high due to potential cyclone activity.  Also the cost of the property (3 bedroom 1 bathroom) is around $335,000 and the rental income is only $370 per week so gross yield of 5.75%.

On the plus side for Logan Central it is located about 23km south of Brisbane and 42km north of Gold Coast, so central to both these rapidly expanding cities.  The properties are around $260,000 (3 bedroom and 1 bathroom) and the rental return of 6.7%.  On the negative, it does not have too many growth drivers apart from being located between Brisbane and the Gold Coast but they do anticipate significant population growth for SE Queensland.

So I was really just after your thoughts on these two areas.

Thank you

Lealea

Profile photo of Adrian CahillAdrian Cahill
    Participant
    @adriannqld

LeaLea, Im in Townsville. Im looking at 2 seperate unrelated properties. 3/4 bedrooms, 1 bath, 260-290k. each. Looking at adding a Granny Flat and renting out rooms individually around 150each. If you do go for Townsville let me know. There are a couple of people on this website that live up here.

Adrian Cahill | AdrianCahill.com Personal Development Expert
    http://adriancahill.com/from-investor-to-coach/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Here since 2002, however things have evolved over the years.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.