All Topics / Help Needed! / Subdivision and reno advise

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • tanjimh
    Participant
    @tanjimh

Hi all, recently I saw this property, Photo link: http://sdrv.ms/16WxYqz . I wanted to 1. renovate the current property, 2. subdevide and build another house on the side as shown in the photo. But the street that I am thinking of putting the new driveway is a busy road. Also there is no driveway on that street (See the photo link). It's a residential A zone. I am new to this and need some advise on what do need to do or who do I need to speak to find the information. Please assist. Cheers. TJ

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Have you measured to see whether there is enough room to subdivide? It looks very small and you have the line right on the existing house (which won't happen).

First thing I'd do is look at the block sizes then go to council to see if it is feasable to add the driveway. As there are no other driveways leading on to the section I'd say it isn't likely.  If you can't add the driveway, end of story.

Good luck.

tanjimh
    Participant
    @tanjimh

Hi Catalyst, thank you for the note. Total block size is 1400 sqm. So I think the side would be at least 450 sqm.

Is there anything else that can be done with the block that I am not seeing?

I am looking for options without demolishing the existing house.

Profile photo of ChrisA1ChrisA1
    Participant
    @chrisa1

In addition to what Catalyst said, have you looked at where the easements and servicees are, especially if you don't want to demolish the existing house

ChrisA1

Persistence is 'to keep on keeping on, no matter how hard the going may be'

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Buy the back RH corner of next doors yard? If it's not quite large enough I'd look at that. Might be enough to get it over the line.

I'm always finding my self looking at houses and thinking -why didn't they build it to the left/right/further forward etc. haha

If only it was easier to move a house a few metres.

Profile photo of tommytuckertommytucker
    Participant
    @tommytucker

Can you put a driveway connecting the existing driveway to the new house in front of the existing house? You might be able to include this in the land content of the proposed block.

Talk to a town planner or project manager, they're well worth the money spent to get the right advice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.