All Topics / Value Adding / New kitchen ideas

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of babyflynnbabyflynn
    Participant
    @babyflynn

Hi all, I am looking to install a kitchen in my newly purchased investment property – I am in Sydney, near Liverpool. Any ideas for a reasonable kitchen cabinet maker? TIA

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Sydney Kitchens and Bathrooms at Villawood. Can't beat them for price and quality. We have bought over a dozen kitchens off them. Take your drawing to them (not on Saturday as you can't move).

203 Woodville Rd Villawood NSW 2163‎

(02) 9725 7200

Profile photo of babyflynnbabyflynn
    Participant
    @babyflynn

I'll try to pop in tomorrow. Catalyst – how much do you normally buget for your kitchens? You sound like you have done this once or twice :)

Participant
    @catalyst

Hi, depends on the size really. Supply only from $1000- $3000 (one was huge).  I get the cupboards assembled. I hate assembling things. They will install for a good price.

We get white poly doors C224 longline handles. Lately we have changed to pure mineralstone matt finish benchtops. Looks clean and fresh.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    Catalyst wrote:
    Hi, depends on the size really. Supply only from $1000- $3000 (one was huge).  I get the cupboards assembled. I hate assembling things. They will install for a good price.

Arghhh – this just reminds me of how expensive Canberra is. I'm getting a new kitchen put in my PPOR at the moment – and I need to add another "0" to what Catalyst pays. Admittedly – it's for a PPOR so we're not doing it on the cheap.

Cheers

Jamie 

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Participant
    @catalyst

We just ordered ours for our PPOR. Got a few mobs out. Quotes $22,000 and up. Ordered through SKB. Same as mobs that quoted, stone benches with waterfall finish soft close drawers etc etc.. Just over $7,000 installed. Excellent quality, not cheap at all (well quality). Price is amazing. Spending the difference on a European holiday next year. :-))

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

catalyst, what brand is the hardware?

Profile photo of babyflynnbabyflynn
    Participant
    @babyflynn

Just went to Sydney Kitchen and bathrooms and they were pretty good. Knocked up a quote and plan for my kitchen – bench top, cabinets, handles, hinges and kick boards for the bargain price of $1500. Looks like ill be going ahead with that one – will post the outcome once all is completed!

catalyst – where do you get your appliances from? Bunnings?

Participant
    @catalyst

rachel they use Blumm hardware. Other brands are inferior. Not sure about the handles but never had a problem.

That's great babyflynn. They are great.

We usually get appliances from Appliances online. A couple we got from seconds world earlier.

Profile photo of ChrisA1ChrisA1
    Participant
    @chrisa1

Great result! I assume this price is supply only?? I would be interested in how you go installing the kitchen.

Sounds like there's a few votes for Sydney Kitchen and Bathrooms (I was just about to ask if they did bathrooms but their name answered that one for me!).

ChrisA1

Persistence is 'to keep on keeping on, no matter how hard the going may be'

Participant
    @catalyst

They install if you want them too. I got them to install one. Great job. We usually do our own but friend/installer was sick. Hubby and I have done some easier ones ourselves. They guys are fantastic. The install price is very reasonable.

They are installing my kitchen in my PPOR in a few weeks. Can't wait.

I haven't bought any of their bathroom stuff. We just buy the vanities etc and I found them cheaper elsewhere and we have our own tiler/waterproofer.

Can't comment on their bathroom work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.