All Topics / General Property / How to find how much a house was sold for and in what year?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of PCF InvestorPCF Investor
    Participant
    @pcf-investor

Hi Guys,

Is there an online database where you can look up any house in Victoria and see who bought itcurrently owns it, when they bought it and for what price?

Cheers

Profile photo of Modernity InvestingModernity Investing
    Participant
    @mark-coburn

Email me the address and I will send you details you are looking for.

Modernity Investing
    Email Me

Profile photo of Tamara43Tamara43
    Participant
    @tamara43

Hi PCF, PriceFinder is the database you are looking for. It displays the details you are after. Cheers, TF43

Profile photo of PCF InvestorPCF Investor
    Participant
    @pcf-investor

Thanks Tamara34,

That was exactly what I was after :-). I’m not sure or not you will be able to answer this but it’s worth a shot. How does a company such as price finder find their data? Does the government give it out or do they search for it themselves? Price finder looks awesome but it’s a tad expensive.

Thanks once again

Profile photo of Jeff123Jeff123
    Participant
    @jeff123

That's a really good question and one that I've often wondered.  I would assume that there is some sort of legal obligation on the part of the agent to report this but I have no idea where it would go.

Profile photo of MiccaladyMiccalady
    Participant
    @miccalady

Hi there….
    Can this be used for property in NSW?

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

There is no legal obligation for an agent to tell you a sold price.

If you subscribe to RPdata this information is freely available. Having said that I've noticed of late a few people are not releasing sold figures so the price is not updated on RPdata. But it does have the buyers name and sold date at least. You look up the address and it tells you all the sales, when it sold and to whom and the price. Not sure how far it goes back but my mum's is listed and she bought in 1963.

You can subscribe for any Australian state or Territory.

It's been very handy for me, especially when buying in the likes of Mt Druitt because you can see how many Housing Commission neighbours a place has.

You can get some info from Sold.com but it's limited.

Profile photo of Tamara43Tamara43
    Participant
    @tamara43

Best to contact PriceFinder and ask the question on where/how they obtain their data. I would assume from a variety of sources including RP Data or perhaps Residex. You can get access to one state or all states depending on the deal you take up. It is pricey, but every now and again there are people on this forum that offer group user deals which make it more affordable. I am currently using this database for property research, however you might want to take PriceFinder data with a grain of salt as it can sometimes be out of date (ie: reporting of sold houses usually is 1-3 months old) and/or inaccurate (ie: the wrong house number has been listed when you compare it to domain/real estate.com.au). Thanks!    laugh

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

You can also look at land titles for a whole heap of useful info, easements, leans, mortgages etc

The fees are quite modest.

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/property-titles-and-maps/land-titles-home

Fees

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0017/170315/YGT_Landatafees2013.pdf

Profile photo of iBuyNewiBuyNew
    @ibuynew

Hi All,

To simply find the sold price of a property that was sold more than 3 months ago, most of the time you can find it for free using the website onthehouse.

If that doesn't work for you, then try your local real estate agent or a friend in the industry that has access to RP Data.

Each state is different about what information they release but this is a start.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.