All Topics / Help Needed! / NSW maximum people per house & dual ocupancy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of sampson_701sampson_701
    Participant
    @sampson_701

Hi guys,

Found lots of help reading these forums so thanks a lot, but first time post here so be kind :-)

Looking at buying a residential investment property nearby the local university. I know there is a need for student accommodation so I am considering a 5 bedroom house on a 1000 square meter block. I know student accommodation is not for everyone but I can defiantly see the benefits of it, I also work at the university and usually know several good students looking for accommodation that would make great tenants.

I have read forums here mentioning a maximum of 5 unrelated people living in a house. I cannot find anything with my local council about this. I imagine each room would be rented out as a separate agreement.

1. Does any know about these laws for NSW stating the maximum tenants per house?

2. With the large block would it be theoretically possible to build another home/unit and rent those rooms out to another 5 people? or is that 10 people per lot / too many. Or does dual occupancy count it as two separate?  I'm not sure yet how dual occupancy works, OR maybe it would be better to subdivide and build separately?

I'm still searching & reading chasing up answers, usually i just find more questions haha, but while i keep reading I thought I'd see what you all think.

Sorry I don't know much, still trying to learn.

Thanks again.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.