All Topics / Help Needed! / Road Bore required for new house’s telephone connection

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of evisionalevisional
    @evisional

I am completing a new rear unit and connecting telephone line with Optus. My builder has installed underground telephone line and have the one end of the telephone line just right at the front gate.

Today, Optus told me that I have to ask builder to have the one end of the telephone line at other side of the road. The builder should conduct the survey and know where the telephone should be, as this a part of the plan permit. If Optus orders their contractor to do this, it will be very costly compared to builder's works.

I requested the builder install telephone line at other side of the road but he told me only telephone company can do this.

Anyone knows what the right thing I should do to connect the telephone line in my case?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Contact Telstra, they probably have  a pit on your side of the street.

Why didn't the electrician run the cable in the existing conduit?

Profile photo of DGL QLDDGL QLD
    @dgl-qld

I know that here in QLD the builder is only required to take the lead in to the house from the front boundary line, he can not go outside the boundary, yes I would check with Telstra to find out where their pits are, you might me lucky and have one on your side of the street, but if not, I would say it will be at your cost to get it across the to the other side of the road, not the builders.

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Why would you deal with Optus? They do not own a copper network. They lease line access from Telstra Wholesale. Their infrastructure is limited to fibre, cable, mobile, microwave and hardware located in Telstra exchanges that connect to the copper network.

There should be a Telstra service pit outside your property. There will be a conduit that runs from the pit to some point on your property. You need to find that point and run cable to that conduit. Personally I would run conduit suitable for copper, cable and fibre(NBN) so that you are effectively future proofed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.