All Topics / Finance / Financing Methods

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of cubster_2cubster_2
    Participant
    @cubster_2

Good evening all,

I have personal connections with the following:

– Architect,

– Town planner,

– Developer,

– Mech, Elec, Fire, Hydraulics & Structural Engineers,

– Accountant,

– Mechanical contractors,

But don't have a site or finance to get a project off the ground. How can I encourage/convince potential owner/occupiers or investors to put forward cash deposits so as to leverage a mortgage from a bank and develop a site? I have resources at hand but no finance to start.

I'm sure this is a hurdle for any investor trying to get going.

i look forward to seeing some feedback.

thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

In the current climate without additional security you have no chance whatsoever.

We get approached on a daily basis to consider Mez financing from experienced developers and wouldn't consider doing a deal at less than circa 18% per annum.

Without a track record or security no investor worth his salt would want to take a second mortgage.

That and you wont find a Bank lender consider a deal without any cash input from you.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of diisco44diisco44
    @diisco44

you dont have a site but you are looking at a project? what sort of project…? I am in a similar situation, though I have a site and designs (approved by council but no DA issued), and once I can get a DA approved the property will double in value, so keen to hear how you progress with this….

Profile photo of cubster_2cubster_2
    Participant
    @cubster_2

Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought as much, but it had be thrown out there. I'll just have to start small and work up from there. I will however, be looking to buy an investment and principle residence next year.

Richard, did you get my email a few months ago when we first connected on this site? About catching a coffee if you get down to Sydney? 

Diisco44, I would be looking to find a property to demolish or a clear site and build two new properties in it's place.

Profile photo of diisco44diisco44
    @diisco44
    Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Cubster

Sorry can't say i did (although in saying that i do get 60-70 finance emails a day so apologies if one slipped thru the cracks).

Been down in Sydney a lot this year doing investor presentations but not sure i will be down before my Winter holiday in Europe.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.