All Topics / Help Needed! / Rockville -suburb of Toowoomba

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of WALHalfback
    Participant
    @halfback

I am looking at purchasing a property in Rockville which is a suburb of Toowoomba

It has the possibility to be subdivided and build a house on the new lot

Can  anyone provide me information of Rockville as to its a good bad or otherwise suburb

I don't want to buy the property and find it is not a desirable suburb

I am a Sydney based property investor

Profile photo of bullet46bullet46
    Participant
    @bullet46

In my opinion, Rockville is one of the least desirable suburbs of Toowoomba. I know this because I live in Toowoomba.

Profile photo of WALHalfback
    Participant
    @halfback

Thank you for your feedback bullet45 -Your comments are appreciated – Anyone else out there has any feedback on Rockville?

Profile photo of OzmanOzman
    @ozman

Sorry Halfback but I have to agree. but if its IP and the ( real on ground ) figures stack up it might still be a reasonable option. Keep in mind the market price for the suburb and use the lower end figures for safety.

In Toowoomba the most popular  area is the Escarpment and the South Eastern Quadrant

Have a look around on Google Earth and you will see there are plenty of old houses on big blocks in good areas that have plenty of potential

Profile photo of mizfitzmizfitz
    Participant
    @mizfitz

I also second that comment halfback, as I also live in toowoomba. Areas such as harristown, newtown wilsonton (not wilsonton heights) are at the bottom end of the price spectrum and these properties are going like hotcakes atm (i just signed a contract on an IP in bris as the market is too hot here). Dont get me wrong there are some nice streets in that area but as far as growth goes it will be lagging behind the rest of the city along with harlaxton and wilsonton heights. Hope this helps

Profile photo of OzmanOzman
    @ozman

In talking with an agent in Toowoomba a couple of months ago I was told they are getting quite a lot of enquiries from people who are looking at retirement homes in Toowoomba. They can sell up in Brisbane at high prices and buy in Toowoomba and cash the difference. They are looking for the upper end in Toowoomba.

Climate wise its a great place to have a summer residence and eventually its relationship to Brisbane will be like  the Blue Mountains are to Sydney.

Just need the Range Tunnel from the new Gov and some high speed rail and freeway and commute to Brisbane. I can drive Rangeville to Toowong in 1 hr 15 without  roadworks or traffic blockages in Brisbane.. So in comparison to some cities its very good The New tunnel on the Brisbane western connection will put you on the other side of the city in another 3 minutes I think the sign at the tunnel construction site says.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Toowomba seems to be quite popular at the moment. I've written a few loans for forum clients investing in Toowomba over the last month.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Participant
    @halfback

Hi Ozman – thank you for your feedback – what do you mean Escarpment and the South Eastern Quadrant – not familiar with these terms – I have now moved from looking in Rockville to East/South and North Toowoomba and Mount Lofty areas – am I now on the right track??

Participant
    @bullet46

Now you are! Much better suburbs of Toowoomba…

Participant
    @halfback

Thank you bullet46 for your support – I had an agent offer me a property in Newtown – how does this suburb rate – is it sort of in between where I am  now looking and Rockville

Participant
    @bullet46

Personally, I like Newtown as I believe it's an area that is yet to climb in price. It is very close to the CBD and many of the homes are on large blocks which lends to the possibility of subdividing. I believe that as the boundaries of Toowoomba get pushed out with new developments, it'll be areas such as Newtown, North Toowoomba and South Toowoomba that will have good growth prospects. Every direction, except for East, is undergoing some development at the moment. North has the ever expanding Highfields (I sold a spec home out there recently and made good profit). South/south west has Westbrook which has opened up new stages. West has Glenvale with 3 new subdivions and Wilsonton with 1 new subdivision. 1 issue with investing in Newtown at the moment is the low rental yields compared with other suburbs of Toowoomba. It is for this reason that I have stayed clear of investing in that suburb. I have a house in North Toowoomba, Darling Heights, Glenvale (#1 option on land in Glenvale for Duplex development, Wilsonton units. I wouldn't discount Newtown entirely, but it isnt for my strategy at the point in time.

Are you investing for CF or Yield?

Budget?

Profile photo of wobblysquarewobblysquare
    Participant
    @wobblysquare

you may not get the high speed rail, but i seem to recall mention of an airport for Toowoomba. If so then that would certainly help it !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.