All Topics / Help Needed! / Land Titles Office Charge

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of kirbonavichkirbonavich
    @kirbonavich

I have recently settled my first property on the 5/09/13 with an owing balance of $304,358.19 as of the settlement date mentioned. Previous to this date the owing amount was $303,238. 

The only transaction that matches this change is a "Land Titles Office Charge". This was never mentioned to me by my lender and ultimate added to the outstanding mortgage balance. 

In the big picture I am aware that it is not a huge amount of money, however over a loan period of 30 years with interest etc it all adds up.

What I am getting at here is,

1. Why was I not informed about this fee?

2. Why was it added on to my mortgage when I have cash available to pay all fee's in another account?

3. Will I receive an invoice for these charges?

I have made several attempts to speak with a qualified representative from the bank, with no such luck I have been told that I will be contacted by my lender (who is pretty useless to be honest) it's gotten to the stage where I will have to take time off work to get the answers that I want….

Just curious to know if this is a standard fee for supposedly a "No Fee" home loan?

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

1. Standard government charge – probably on your loan agreement

2. You can pay the fee into the loan and this owuld be the same as if you paid it in cash

3. no

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m
    kirbonavich wrote:

Just curious to know if this is a standard fee for supposedly a "No Fee" home loan?

Hi kirbonavich

It's because it's not a bank fee – it's a state govt. fee.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of wilko1wilko1
    Participant
    @wilko1

Your "invoice, statement of all paid fees/charges" will be your settlement statement which you get off your conveyancer/solicitor

Profile photo of Reno101Reno101
    Participant
    @reno101

Yep the Government fees and charges usually catch people out , Death and Taxes  you know  what they say about that , it does suck  though ! 

Profile photo of kirbonavichkirbonavich
    @kirbonavich

Ah, thanks guys. I guess its what you learn first time around. 

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Good evening! 

As the others have mentioned, it is a government fee not a bank fee.  That says, such a fee applies to each and every property transaction so it would be nice to thing your bank/lender would ensure you understand how things will pan out.  Whilst there are some banks that are absolutely fabulous with response times and customer service, they are certainly in the minority, and a dying breed.  If you find an individual in a bank that is a suitably qualified individual that is at all interested in your application long enough to explain something to you, i would absolutely love it if you'd drop me a line to let me know who it was and who the lender was. 

On a more positive front, it is helpful to take the attitude that you expect that when you acquire a property there will be 2 or 3 thousand dollars of unexpected expenses, whether they be bank or government fees, or something in the property requires a repair.  Consider it a cost of doing business, and remind yourself that you get to borrow a bucketload of money and allow someone else (ie tenants) to pay it off.  This enables you to keep focussed on the main goal, and not get too upset about each thing that comes along that is unexpected.

Hope this helps!

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.