All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying my first house!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of bigdellbigdell
    Participant
    @bigdell

Hey Everyone,

Soo just about to buy a house in the next few weeks hopefully (if I find the right one) and was just wondering is it silly that if the first house I look at fits the bill that I should buy it?

I have been doing heaps of research and have been watching the sales in the area and I think I know what the house is worth but I am just not sure if I should buy the first one I look at! 

Any of your views would be appreciated. :)

Profile photo of Heinz57Heinz57
    Participant
    @heinz57

Before we bought our home we saw a great place but decided to look around a bit further. Should have bought it as it was a great deal, realized once we saw what else was out there!

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

How do you know the prices if you haven't looked? I think gauging prices by just the internet adds can be deceiving. I've seen houses on the net that look amazing and aren't. I've also see VERY poor adds and went out anyway and have been surprised (there are some hopeless real estate agents).

Wouldn't be my recommendation but if it ticks all the boxes, the price is right, and you're happy, go for it. 

Profile photo of CanDCanD
    Participant
    @cand

Hi all,

What would be the best method to use, to look for the house that fits your bill (internet, what else)? How do you find which areas are to be avoided, if you're not from the area?

Also, which are the steps of the buying process that you can do alone, and where would you need to hire help? I'm interested in the Brisbane area, but I guess it's the same anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any opinion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.