All Topics / Creative Investing / How do you do lease options in victoria?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of tom123tom123
    Participant
    @tom123

Hi all i'm quite new to all this but i'm aware that in victoria you have to pay stamp duty up front in a lease option and the way to get around this is by doing a joint venture.

my question being how exactly does the joint venture work in this situation ?

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi Tom

We use Joint Venture (JV) agreements for most of our vendor finance transactions.  Around 50% of our core business is JV's with investors who want to get into vendor finance (VF).  This involves buying a property traditionally and then on-selling it with VF.  The other 50% of our core business is JV's with frustrated, negatively geared landlords.  This JV involves our negative2positive process, i.e. selling a poorly performing IP with VF to improve cash flow.

In both cases we don't need to use a lease/option during any part of the transaction.  Unless we decide to sell with a L/O but that probably wouldn't be the case in Vic  ;-)

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.