All Topics / Heads Up! / Young Property Investors Brisbane

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of munmun5munmun5
    Participant
    @munmun5

Hi all I have started a group on meetup.com for 18-35ish young investors of all levels. This is a place designed to get young like minded people together with the aim of educating  partly from myself and some of the things I have learnt from Steve's Cert 4 and to discuss other members deals they have been working on. It often a daunting task getting yourself into the property market or figuring out what step to take next, There is NO HARD SELL at these events just a great chance to learn off each other, network and a chance to take action to change your financial future. Check out the event at http://www.meetup.com/YPI-Young-Property-Investors-Brisbane/ if you have any other questions feel free to PM me on here or message me at [email protected]. Hope to see you there!

Yours in investing

Victor Ahipene 

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Love to attend Victor but hate to say i don't meet the age limit lol

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of munmun5munmun5
    Participant
    @munmun5

Hey Richard,

Had our first meeting yesterday. We welcome young and also young at heart ( as we had with one of our members). Just wanting motivated people who are willing to take action not people who are meeting/course junkies who aren't willing to get things done. I have followed lots of your posts and our group would love you to come along. I will be looking for people in different areas to present to budding property investors if this would interest you.  Feel free to flick me a PM/email([email protected])/a message 041058792 or add the facebook page YPI brisbane .

Vic 

Profile photo of UpandcominggenyUpandcominggeny
    Participant
    @upandcominggeny

Hi have only just seen your page. When are you planning your next meet up?
    Cheers

Profile photo of PCF InvestorPCF Investor
    Participant
    @pcf-investor

Would love one of these in Victoria!

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

WOW! That must be very tempting for you Qld007. You aren't invited as a member but you can come and let them pick your brains. 

Participant
    @munmun5

So in another forum topic you say ' the blind leading the blind' and that no experienced investors will be a weakness of this group. Then when a member who helps a lot of people on here says he would like to come ( there may have been underlying sarcasm that I missed) and I invite him along you bag me for that as well. Any other tips you can throw my way Catalyst? Maybe just delete my meetup group as no good can come from it and everybody who comes will be worse off?  

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Yeah sorry I was being sarcastic.

I just think it's ironic that you only invite young people but if someone has something to offer you, then you'll make an exception.

I can see how it would be fun to have young ones all having a gathering. But I stick by my restrictive comments. Same as I wouldn't advocate an oldies meetup. Sure lot's of us "oldies" have years of experience but young people can have new ideas. If age were a restriction at the meetups I've attended I wouldn't have met Nathan Birch (who I admire)  or some VERY well healed older investors. Many of whom have helped me get to where I am now.

Profile photo of PageyPagey
    Participant
    @pagey_1

Just signed up, sounds like a great idea hopefully a meet up can happen soon!

Participant
    @munmun5

Hey all here is a link to our second meetup next month. Hope to see you there. http://www.meetup.com/YPI-Young-Property-Investors-Brisbane/events/140662862/ 

Victor

Profile photo of Kyron GosseKyron Gosse
    Participant
    @roadhog260

Awesome idea Victor.

I host a similar one in Auckland. We do it monthly at a pub and regularly get about 15 people along and while it is AIMED at people under 35 we do get older people come too, usually they are newer investors. I have been really impressed by the work that a lot of young people out there are achieving. We have one guy with 7 properties at only 26!

Another thing is there are a lot of younger people working in property related fields such as REA, surveyors, finance etc which even if they are not investing, or not very active in their investing they are still able to bring a different outlook or way of thinking to the table.

I also have another online group which is solely aimed at young investors which I do screen and not allow people into. We can get advice from older more established investors at any time, however it is very difficult for a younger investor to get their point of view heard because of their inexperience. This allows all young investors to share what they are learning and what new approaches they are trying with people who understand the position they are in.

Congrats on getting started and if I am ever in Brisbane I will look forward to attending one of your events.

Kyron Gosse
    http://www.kyrongosse.com

Build Wealth, Create Freedom, Do Awesome

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.