All Topics / General Property / BEST STYLE ELECTRIC COOK TOP FOR RENTAL – COIL, SOLID ELEMENT, OR CERAMIC GLASS???

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of propertymistropropertymistro
    @propertymistro

Hi everyone, 

Could people please recommend which is the best type of ELECTRIC cook top for a rental property – electric solid element, or electric coil (not sure where to buy these though?), or a electric ceramic glass cook top.  This is not a question regarding brands, but rather which type of cook top is preferable for installing in a rental.  If you think coil is best please also include where these can be purchased as the usual stores don't seem to sell them.  Thank you everyone in advance for your replies.  Have a good day!!!

Profile photo of LalibellaLalibella
    Participant
    @lalibella

If you can afford the extra cost ceramic glass cook top is probably hard to beat. I've had  2 tenants inexplicably chip large chunks form the top of the white ceramic. Instantly noticeable to the next tenant. You can probably repair or recoat but I couldn't be bothered.

Profile photo of propertymistropropertymistro
    @propertymistro

Thank you for your help. Have a great day.

Profile photo of Reno101Reno101
    Participant
    @reno101

Hi Mistro , I would go the ceramic glass top also , coils break and more to maintain in the long run , hope this helps ,Greg 

Profile photo of Made_ManMade_Man
    Participant
    @made_man

Go the glass top. We used to have the coil but always had to fix it every 6 months.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.