All Topics / Help Needed! / FSR And Zoning Calculations

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Jason957Jason957
    Participant
    @jason957

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted some information on FSR and zonings on finding out what can be built on a certain piece of land. I am in the Sutherland Shire and have been looking at the Draft LEP 2013.

For local residential zoning it says the floor space ratio is now 55% , how do you calculate this to see how much townhouses you can fit ?

I was thinking somthing along the lines of (If it was 1400sqm) x 0.55 = 770 /  5 = 154 … Does 154 mean the ground level or the 1st and second floor levels together ?

Am i missing anything ? Where does landcsaping fit in ? How about garagages and drive ways ?

Also how does this work for units with a ratio of 2;1 , I would like just to find out how much exactly you will be able to fit on a certain piece of land.

Thanks In Advanced

Jason

Jason957

Sutherland Shire Real Estate Agent - Jason Mikhail - 0402 640 630

Profile photo of Jason957Jason957
    Participant
    @jason957

Bump

Jason957

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

FSR calculations are close to what you've got however you need to understand what the LEP counts in the FSR. Depending upon the definition, FSR may exclude such areas as garages, storerooms, voids, garden etc. The other thing you need to watch is the % or area required as private open space (ie yard area).

As for units with an FSR of 2:1, then 1400 m2 will yield 2800 m2 of development however, same conditions apply (read the LEP). Something else to temper the development will be the required setbacks (front, rear, sides) as well as any height restrictions or building envelopes.

Refer to your building designer/architect/town planner for clarification.

Profile photo of mbuildingmbuilding
    Participant
    @mbuilding

Jason,

You need to consult Architect /draft person to determine exact FSR.

There are couple of things that excluded from FSR calculation Parking, Storage area. (i could be wrong)

http://www.greenfielddaservices.com.au/

never used this guys, but being across the road from council indicates me that they will be dealing with Sutherland council regularly. give them a call.

Btw, What are you trying to build? How big is site?

Participant
    @jason957
    mbuilding wrote:
    Jason,

You need to consult Architect /draft person to determine exact FSR.

There are couple of things that excluded from FSR calculation Parking, Storage area. (i could be wrong)

http://www.greenfielddaservices.com.au/

never used this guys, but being across the road from council indicates me that they will be dealing with Sutherland council regularly. give them a call.

Btw, What are you trying to build? How big is site?

Hello, Thanks for that, no reason just wanted to learn a few things!

Jason957

Participant
    @jason957

So 1400 x 0.55 = 770 /  5 = 154 … 154 is for the total building area , not just ground floor , right ? To me it seams like it would make sence.

Thanks for your help

Jason957

Participant
    @scott-no-mates

You've lost me on the 154 jason. Is the 55% a site coverage figure? Why do you divide by 5?

770 m2 is just over half of the site.

Participant
    @jason957

So the site size is So 1400 x By the FSR = 770m

Then Devide by 5(So 5 townhouses) = 154m for each townhouse ,  Is this ground level or both levels

Jason957

Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Depending upon the LEP (what they define as floor space and what is excluded), then it may be total building area per townhouse.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.