All Topics / Overseas Deals / Mortgage Broker in UK?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of lbglenlbglen
    Participant
    @lbglen

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can recommend a mortgage broker in the UK? We're Australian, relocating to Berkshire/Oxfordshire area in January 2014, but would like to investigate establishing accounts and potentially PPOR purchase prior. I have a UK passport also, but have never lived there.

Also, any recommendations of "expat friendly" banks that are helpful in fast tracking setup of accounts, credit cards, etc…

Thanks, LG

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

HSBC does expat bank accounts.  You can set it up from an Australian branch.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Whilst Jacqui is correct if you intending too live in Berkshire i would probably suggest someone like Newbury Building Society.

They are also one of the few lenders that will also considering lending to non UK citizens.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of u36mau36ma
    Participant
    @u36ma

Hi there,

Two years ago I remortgaged a property I own in London on an expat's mortgage. I found Sherrie See from SeeMoney.co.uk  to be very helpful in this…and she even posts the interest rates on the website.

http://seemoney.co.uk/pages/offshore/expat_mortgage_rates.asp

As you can see the LVRs are pretty tough around 75%, so fortunately we had some equity already over there.

Having said that as JacM indicated above there are UK banks in Oz that may be a good place to start too. I hear Lloyds TSB do a lot of expat mortgages. 

Woody1986
    Participant
    @woody1986

Hi Richard….Is it possible for australians to get finance to buy properties in UK…My mother is english , Does that put me in a better position?…If so what would be the LVRS and interest rates (Sorry for all the questions)  thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Woody

Hate to say you cannot even get finance in the UK as a non resident even if you are a UK Passport Holder unless you have your overseas income paid into a UK Bank account.

I own a property in the UK and have a fairly decent rental income from my Australian properties and still wouldn't qualify for a loan from a UK Bank.

Neither HSBC or Lloyds TSB do expat loans these days.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Woody1986
    Participant
    @woody1986

Hi Richard…Thanks again (for prob the 4th time so far tonight haha) ..I guess I can cross that overseas property off the list in UK for the time being

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.