All Topics / Help Needed! / Development Approval

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Nathan HouareauNathan Houareau
    Participant
    @the-general

Does getting a DA always increase the value of the property in question?

Nathan Houareau
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of wilko1wilko1
    Participant
    @wilko1

No, not every Development approval is the same just like every deal is not the same.

Say you got a DA for a duplex on a ordinary house. There just might not be value in demolishing and building back two new homes so the DA wouldn't account for anything as its just not viable.

But in saying that i have seen DA's that have added hundreds of thousands to the next time they have resold. Especially where people have read between the lines of the Development Plan. If your looking to make money reselling a property with a DA as a general rule the more properties approved on the lot the better.

Profile photo of Nathan HouareauNathan Houareau
    Participant
    @the-general

Thanks wilko1 for the reply. What is a development plan?

Nathan Houareau
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

In most cases it does. However what I have found is that many permits are badly designed. For example small apartments. Personally if we are buying or designing a site I would never look at anything less than 50 square meters on a one bedroom apartment or 70 square meters on a two bedroom. Aim and the owner occupier market because that will also be great for investors. Remember the design is important as yes it does add value. If you are going to sell the site you still need to leave profit in the deal for the builder.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Participant
    @the-general

Thanks Nigel.

Nathan Houareau
    Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @the-general

I've come across a property that had DA approval for 3 units on it but now the DA has expired. What should I do?

Nathan Houareau
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of PRO VictoriaPRO Victoria
    @pro-victoria

If the owners have let the DA lapse then you would need to re-apply for the DA to be able to re-develop the property.  The property should not be worth any extra, only comes with some peace of mind that the Council has allowed three units to be previously approved on the site, and that unless there has been major changes in planning policy since the last approval then they will probably approve a similar development in the future. Although there is no guarantee of this!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.