All Topics / Help Needed! / development opportunity

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of peterbgpeterbg
    @peterbg

Hi, does anyone have experience in joint venture development?  i have a small inner city block of land. According to council up to 6 level building would be appropriate on the site.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Profile photo of oc1oc1
    Participant
    @oc1

I have heaps but that's not the reason I am responding. While it can work well just make sure you get your legal side sorted, a couple of exit strategies agreed upon and have someone on YOUR side that knows the game inside out. A 6 story development in Brunswick is not a small development.

If you know all of this and have done a large JV development before ignore what i have said laugh

Oscar

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton

Hi Peter, 

Have you done any property investing development at all? Building or even being involved in a 6 story development is no small feat if you haven't.

To be involved in a JV, it would depend on the level of debt you have on the land. if it is owned outright (or nearly) you would be in a good position to enter into JV discussions. If your debt is high on the land than the only thing you are bringing to the JV table is a suitable site which must be financed.

A better overview of your position may help the forum to provide more tailored comments

Josh

Profile photo of peterbgpeterbg
    @peterbg

brunswick Melbourne, looking for advice from others who have had experience in JV :)

Profile photo of peterbgpeterbg
    @peterbg

Thanks Oscar and Josh, i've had limited experience in the building industry, and certainly nothing this large … so, not quite sure where to begin, hence putting out some feelers and asking for advice from those that know. Thanks again. Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.