All Topics / Help Needed! / Solid Property Investment Group

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of make-me-richmake-me-rich
    @make-me-rich

Hi guys,

Has anyone of you dealt with Lynne Wilton of the Solid Property Investment Group (http://www.solidinvestmentproperty.com.au) before? Do you guys know how her services differ from Metropole's? I sat in one of her free seminars and she sounded like she knows what she's talking about. She has only started her company in 2009 so she doesn't have that many online reviews yet. The cost of signing up with her is $500 for 10 years where she mentors you into building your property portfolio. It will be good to know if I should spend my $500 on her or use that money and get Metropole's advice.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi and welcome aboard.

I haven't heard of the company – but there's quite a few of these mentoring type companies popping up.

What is it exactly that they offer?

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of make-me-richmake-me-rich
    @make-me-rich

For you to join their mentoring program, you'll have to pay them a once-off fee of $500. You might ask, if it's only going to cost that much, then that might be a really good deal. Yes I think so too but they way they really make their money is by finding the investment properties (mostly off-the-plan ones) for you and they get the commission from the developers as they have a real estate agent's license as well.

I think it's different from how Metropole conducts their business because they are the ones charging you the fee as they are acting as the buyer's agent and at the same time helping you find good investments as well.

I like Solid because I don't have to pay anything apart from the $500 mentoring program fee as they get their commissions from the seller/developer but isn't there a bit of a conflict of interest if they are also "sort of" acting on the seller's behalf.

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I would be careful if its cheap and in many cases even when its not. Many companies charge a few just to sell you a property. A real mentoring program will work with you to achieve your goals. They should be working in your interests and not here just to sell you a property. The fact that people are charging you is no guarantee that what you are being sold is quality. I always tell my clients that even if I advice you to buy something you should always do your own due diligence because at the end of the day its your money. 

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Josh AthertonJosh Atherton
    @josh-atherton

Re-iterating Nigels Comments, when 'mentoring' programs are too cheap the company HAS to make money from you somewhere else otherwise they would not be able to operate. Be wary of FREE mentoring also. 

Advice is always worth what you pay for it. A good property investment advice firm will be able to assist you no matter how or what you want to buy. Always ask, "will you help me analyse and research my neighbors house as I want to buy that". 

Best of luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.