All Topics / Help Needed! / Settlement date

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of newbeeznewbeez
    Participant
    @newbeez

Hi i need some advice pls , my contract says i need to settle,

• 28 days from the date of contract (contract sign date: 18 June 2013 settlement due: 16 July 2013); or
    • 21 days from the vendor’s solicitor advising the registration of the strata plan (vendor’s solicitor advised me on 26 June 2013 which means settlement is due on 17 July 2013).

so i am waiting for bank to get me loan approval unconditional by Friday 05/07/13, 

my question is,

1. Do i still have enough time for settlement after 5/713-17/7/13?
    2. Can i request for settlement time to be extended?

Thank you. 

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

1. Yes it's possible but you'll need the file to be escalated. They'll need to print and send out the loan offer docs ASAP and you'll need to return them quickly.

2. Yes you can try.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of wilko1wilko1
    Participant
    @wilko1

Usually most residential contracts have a built in 14 day extension period. Where you can request a extension and they charge you default interest usually at 10 percent. This is if its the banks fault and them being slow and you haven't just applied 2 days before settlement. IF the bank do take a while to organize your loan, you can request them to give you some payment back for the period. This payment might be say to waive your application fee or waiving your annual package fee.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.