All Topics / General Property / Anyone used “Inspect My Home” for building/pest inspection?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of J&TJ&T
    Participant
    @jye-and-tahnee

Has anyone used the company "Inspect My Home" to carry out building and/or pest inspections on prospective properties?

Website looks good – wondering if anyone had an experiences with them. 

Looking for a reputable company to use on Brisbane's North side for both if there are other suggestions.

Profile photo of ChrisA1ChrisA1
    Participant
    @chrisa1

It appears that it comes down to how good the individual inspector is (since the company employs many inspectors rather than being a sole operator).

I don't have a specific comment, although I have heard excellent comments about Steve Koelewyn, a Sydney pest inspector, so in lieu of other comments about Inspect My Home specifically, you could give Steve a call to see if he could recommend anyone.

http://www.ausinspect.com.au/

ChrisA1

Persistence is 'to keep on keeping on, no matter how hard the going may be'

Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

Hi yes I have used them twice once on the south side of Brisbane and second time on the Sunshine Coast both inspectors did an excellent job. Didn't go through with the first property due to the inspectors report but did purchase the second property. They do have different inspectors in each of the area's they cover.

Profile photo of J&TJ&T
    Participant
    @jye-and-tahnee
    Profile photo of Heinz57Heinz57
    Participant
    @heinz57

Australian Building Inspection Services in Redcliffe 

http://www.abis.com.au

Profile photo of JamesJames
    Participant
    @inspect99

Hi Guys,
    Inspectmyhomes employ licence Builders with trade background only.
    The Franchise are required to have the same qualifications if not more.

Please check the guys qualification before you take on a Building inspection, as there is no regulations in some states to qualify a person to be an inspector…Inspectmyhome also ensure the guys complete a national course for pest inspection…I know…I took on the franchise Inspectmyhome after doing my investigation on other franchises, because I don’t want my reputation ruined and I care about my clients, as you come first…

Please look at the following before deciding:

1. Is the inspector trade qualified in the building industry?
    2. Is the inspector registered builder?
    3. Is the inspector with an reputable known organisation?
    4. Is the inspector insured?
    5. What service does the inspector offer in the report (Value for Money) i.e. just a maintenance or structural report?

I would like to know these answers first before I got an inspection, would you want a guy who was a cook, building estimator, etc. doing an inspection to your home?

<moderator – delete ad>

I hoped this helped.

Kind regards

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of James James.
    Profile photo of Jared1Jared1
    Participant
    @jared1

We used to use them quite a lot. Lately they have been terrible. Unnecessarily scaring over minor issues ( we have had many done and know what is a problem and what isn’t) giving their opinion without knowing why we bought it. ( had a renovator which had a lot of work to be done and just wanted to know what needs changed.) We knew it had termite damage and water damage and were preparred to rip it out and renovate as we got it for a song. These bozos are literally telling us to not proceed due to water damage that we know of before they buy. They didn’t know what we are doing and it isn’t there place to tell whether or not to proceed but simply tell what is there and what needs to be done. The decisions are up to us.
    Never using them again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.