All Topics / General Property / Newcastle Property

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of CorieCorie
    Participant
    @corie

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to get some opinions from some of the very knowledgeable people on this forum about Newcastle and the Hunter Valley. I am considering a duplex purchase in NC and I am considering this area based on the coal export industry. Coal is Australias no 1, maybe #2 export.  Economies such as Korea, China  India, Japan and Taiwan are the top five countries responsible for the growth of coal experts.

Just wondering if anybody has recently, or in the last year or so, invested in NC or the Hunter Valley and if so what was their experience. Good or Bad???

BTW……Freckle do not respond! I do not want to turn this thread into a soap box for you to voice your opinion on Australia's current and future financial situation.

Profile photo of LalibellaLalibella
    Participant
    @lalibella

Hey Corrie, Newcastle is going fine. Low vacancy rates and great rents. Depends on how many sheckles you want to spend. 

Freckle…..love the graphs, bell curves and P values rock.

Profile photo of grantos_champosgrantos_champos
    @grantos_champos

I have heard that rents up the valley have dropped off +20% in places like Kurri, Singleton, Muswellbrook.

There are a lot of other industries besides coal mining in the Hunter. There are also a lot of big developments happening outside of the mining industry.

– F3 freeway extension

– Newcastle airport upgrade

– Inner city university campus

– Wineries and associated industries

– Power generation

– ARTC rail upgrades

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.