All Topics / Help Needed! / Gladstone – Drafty/Builders

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of vsixtyfourvsixtyfour
    @vsixtyfour

Hey Guys,

Can anyone recommend any draftys in Gladstone, also looking to see if anyone has any experience with any builders in Gladstone?

Cheers

Profile photo of moxi10moxi10
    Participant
    @moxi10

Crikeys ,vsixtyfour, I hope you're not about to supply more rental accomadation there! Too much competition already!crying

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle
    moxi10 wrote:
    Crikeys ,vsixtyfour, I hope you're not about to supply more rental accomadation there! Too much competition already!crying

Resource towns…. where money goes to die.

Profile photo of GiumelliGroupGiumelliGroup
    @giumelligroup

If you want to PM me i can give you a list of builders whom to deal with, im sure one of them can recommend a good draftsman.

Profile photo of APOLOAPOLO
    Participant
    @apolo

HI Vsixtyfour ,i have build few homes with a local builder in Gladstone ,he is one of the best ,if you want his info please PM me 

Cheers 

Profile photo of vsixtyfourvsixtyfour
    @vsixtyfour

Interesting feedback! :) lol

Its flooded now, but what about once the 4 gasworks are underway?

Profile photo of PageyPagey
    Participant
    @pagey_1

I work in Gladstone, in the past 2 years the rents have dropped from 1000pw or more to around 600pw for a 3 bed house. And there are still houses going up everywere. I thought about investing here but the boom has gone.

Blocked
    @freckle
    pagey_1 wrote:
    . I thought about investing here but the boom has gone.

We're just starting to settle into the correction phase now. Rents have come back and prices are just starting to ease as sellers realise that the good times aren't coming back anytime soon. It will take another 18 months I'm guessing before we hit bottom. By then most projects will have completed or be near completion. You're going  to be left with just plant work force demand only which will be about a tenth of what was.

What's worse is that a lot of this capacity (resources) that has been built may not be utilised immediately. Production may even contract. The big consuming economies are broke and looking for much cheaper raw  resource prices. Both volume and price are at risk. That suggests shut downs, idling of plant and care and maintenance are likely scenarios going forward. If anything demand could contract more than just the ending of the construction phase. 

We are now seeing overshoot in resource towns due to the lag in matching supply with demand. There are many out there who will loose their shirts because they didn't align those two components correctly. In just about every resource town I look at there is significant oversupply building.

Profile photo of vsixtyfourvsixtyfour
    @vsixtyfour

Hmm some re-evaluation is probably needed

Blocked
    @freckle
    vsixtyfour wrote:
    Hmm some re-evaluation is probably needed

You're what I call the tail enders. The players that come along at the top of a boom and who for the most part are trying to get some action before the opportunity disappears. Tail enders tend to lack patience because they fear missing out. Unfortunately that engenders the wrong emotional mindset and leads to poor decision making in most cases. It can be a hard thing to deal with when you've raised your hopes only to come to the realisation that you're probably too late. Tail enders don't really want to hear 'it's all' over and are prone to ignore negative info in favor of positive messages that reinforce their ambitions. 

Getting your head around reality can be challenging.

Profile photo of DaOneDaOne
    Participant
    @daone

Hi 

is there any builders in Gladstone, that you should not use

DaOne | Oras Finance - Your Local Mortgage Broker
    http://www.ihomeloans.net.au/
    Email Me

Help you make your dreams come true: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB3KpKX4UsI

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.