All Topics / Help Needed! / Waterford Loganlea Areas Brisbane

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of CootaCoota
    Participant
    @coota

Just wondering people's thoughts on Waterford,Loganlea areas of Southern Brisbane?

Regards

Michael

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

What price range? I think pending your budget there are much better areas around.

Profile photo of CootaCoota
    Participant
    @coota

Budget is 320-340k

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

Nigel Kibel on this forum is a Brisbane expert. I think with that sort of money you could get a property in a better area than those that you have mentioned. You could possibly get a unit closer to Bris for that price. Toowoomba and Ipswich are also worth a look at.

Participant
    @coota

Nigel,

Any thoughts on the areas of Waterford & Loganlea??

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Not sure where Fredo is getting his info from but i don't think Nigel would hold himself up as a Brisbane expert.

I know he has been here a couple of times but i think he maybe have got him confused with someone else.

It all depends what you are looking for within that price range.

Certainly non of my properties are that far South but that is not to say it is not a good buy.

Logan City Town Plan is totally different to the Brisbane City version so what you can get away in regards to subdivision etc is a mile.

When we source property for clients it is a matter of ascertaining what their requirements are and finding the property to suit.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @coota

Richard,

Looking at a buy and hold property-

Property is 4 yrs old

4 Bed 2 Bath 2 Car 340k

Rent return $380-  $400 p/w

500 sq mtr block

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7

Hi Michael,

I certainly agree with Richard in that your portfolio needs to be tailored to fit your requirements as an individual investor. 

IMHO the corridor that runs south from Brisbane right out to Toowoomba offers some great buying opportunities. 

Ipswich in particular has all the drivers that support a healthy property market including transport infrastructure spending, commercial investment, redevelopment and excellent population growth. 

Jack 

Participant
    @qlds007

Ok Coota think you do a lot better there Waterford or Loganlea

Cheers

Yours in Finance 

Participant
    @coota

Richard,

Been looking at Waterford…

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I'm not sure about the Logan area at present. I kept an eye on the market 3 or 4 years ago and it looks like prices have dropped since then.

There's also the socioeconomic stigma of the area – which may have an impact on the quality of tenant that you attract. That's just a generalisation though.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of jenni_nextplace.com.aujenni_nextplace.com.au
    @jenni_nextplace.com.au

Jamie is right logan area does have a bad stigma, an this is what will keep the prices down, there are also as I understand it traffic issues. Personally I think there will probably be better options out there for you. 

Participant
    @qlds007

Jenni, really where are the traffic problems in Logan / Waterford ?

In fact with the Logan motorway and good access to M1 i would have said that is far from the case.

First i have heard about it and i have been involved in real estate here in Brisbane and Qld for some 18 years.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of JT7JT7
    @jt7
    jenni_nextplace.com.au wrote:
    Jamie is right logan area does have a bad stigma, an this is what will keep the prices down, there are also as I understand it traffic issues. Personally I think there will probably be better options out there for you. 

Logan appears similar to Mt Druitt down here in Sydney. Like Mt Druitt there are good areas and bad areas in Logan. Mt Druitt certainly carries a stigma with it but I think it is slowly changing…at least in the better parts. Don't get me wrong there a still rough areas. These types of markets offer excellent CF and tend to slowly change. Mt Druitt and similar areas down here in Western Sydney are experiencing a bit of a run up in the market at the moment and I would imagine it would be the same when the market starts to move in the Logan LGA.  

If you can manage the risks, like any market, and take advantage of the current slow market to pick up under market…together with great CF on offer, I think you could do very well. 

Jack 

Profile photo of Heinz57Heinz57
    Participant
    @heinz57

Check the excellent Ipswich flood website – I think it is

http://Www.ipswich.qld.gov.au/onlineservices/flood_effect

That Bremer river can get Nasty

Profile photo of Heinz57Heinz57
    Participant
    @heinz57

Sorry meant to add http://www.Brisbane.qld.gov.au
    And
    http://Www.logan.gov.au

Check out the flood flag maps. Not just the flooded areas but look at the yellow shading which shows overland flow by street. parts of Logan are prone to flash flooding from creeks and runoff. The name “Waterford” is a bit of a clue

Participant
    @coota

Heinz

Have looked at flood maps and location looks ok as it is closer to Logan River Rd than actual Logan River…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.