All Topics / General Property / Investing in Upper Kedron

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of NM7NM7
    Participant
    @nm7

Dear Property Experts,

I'm been looking at some house & land package options in the Upper Kedron area of Brisbane & wanted to get your feedback about that area. Being based in Melbourne, I don't have much knowledge about the Brisbane market but would like to conduct some research & studies to acquire an IP in that region. Any thoughts / suggestions?

Cheers'

NM7

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi NM

Upper Kedron or Keppara not that much difference between the two.

Must admit strange suburb for someone in VIc to invest in .

Can i ask you what made you choose the area as it certainly wouldn’t be anywhere we would put any of our Vic clients into or i would personally buy into myself adding to portfolio.

Nice tree line suburb but nothing really going for it.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

If you are looking in Brisbane and I think this is a good market to invest in, I would look at properties that are around 5 or 6 km from the city center. Naturally you have to look at your budget but the inner city market should show strong growth over the next few years.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of NM7NM7
    Participant
    @nm7

Hi Richard,

Thank you kindly for your reply and I was introduce to a new house & land package in Upper Kedron within the Jarrah estate for investment. Hence, I just wanted to get views of the experts here in regards to which location within Brisbane that would potentially fetch good growth & good yield for approx $450K to $500K. Have you got any suggestions?

Regards,

NM

Profile photo of NM7NM7
    Participant
    @nm7

Thanks for your views Nigel … as replied to Richard, I'm certainly looking at some good opportunities within Brisbane but wasn't sure what my best options are, particularly being based in Melbourne. I'm concern of choosing an area that might be flood-prone or just not attractive to potential tenants. What sort of budget range would be involved with the inner city market of 5-6km range you mentioned? Are these house & land packages or existing homes?

Cheers'

NM

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

You would not buy house and land that sort of distance from the city so you would look at either existing homes, townhouses or apartments.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi NM

As discussed on the phone yesterday there are many suburbs i am putting my forum clients into that give excellent opportunity for capital growth as well as hhealthy rental returns .

Unlike Nigel i believe you can go further out than 5-6 kms and still get good opportunity and that is starting to reflect in rage valuations we are seeing come back.

Exciting ttimes ahead.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.