All Topics / General Property / False advertising photos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of kochy1983kochy1983
    Participant
    @kochy1983

I was interested in a property on realestate.com that I thought was a great buy, I went and looked through the open house yesterday. When I walked into the kitchen/dining room area I immediately noticed that it was much smaller than the pictures online. I commented to the agent and she tells me "oh the pictures online aren't of the townhouse that's for sale, they are of another similar townhouse in the group (there was about 8 in a cul-de-sac). 

Is this something that agents are allowed to do? 

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Yes, put a note on the photo to say this isn't the property, things like location shot if it is a view from the area etc.

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner
    Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Ultimately, you could report them for false advertising.  However if you "need" the agent to like you because this property is a cracker deal anyhow, or because you want to be able to talk to the agent often, probably best to leave it alone.

Just highlights why it is so important to visit a property and not just buy something based on an internet ad.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Happens so often clients engage a Buyers Agent and then get presented with a property which is nothing like what they originally wanted.

Usually comes when you deal with a BA who doesn't inspect the property they have offered you and done it over the internet.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Good point Richard. I always attend the site so I can see exactly what the property is all about. I can often be found laying in the dirt in the backyard of properties scoping out the integrity of the stumps of houses with my super extremo torch hehehe

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.