All Topics / Commercial Property / block sale to property developer, whats the catch?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of cameltoadcameltoad
    Participant
    @cameltoad

im putting together a deal with my neighbour to pitch both our properties to a potential developer to combine/subdivide develop both the blocks as one larger block. we are in Perth <20km from CBD.  As far as advertising and sales agents are concerned, are there industry sales agents for commercial / development blocks and prospects like ours  that dont advrtise in mainstream realestate media? I doubt developers are trawling realestate.com like every other ma and pa type investor? How do i get this package in fronttof the right crowd?are there any gst issues or other quirks associated with this type of deal apart from the usual  CGT and agents fees?      thanks

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

What you may be better to do is work with a developer. You both put up the land and the developer using the land to raise the capital to develop the site and you then share in the profit.

If you dont want to do this then I suggest you see a good local town planner and get them to get permits for the site then you can sell it to a developer. 

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of cameltoadcameltoad
    Participant
    @cameltoad

thanks, im really interested in how to market to developers?

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

If you are willing to do long settlements, and subject to DA's you may get a better price.

A developer will have a set price per lot or per site that they would pay in that area.  Remember there are no emotions with developers it is straight numbers.

Are you wanting to circumvent an agent and not pay seller's fees?   

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Participant
    @cameltoad

yes, appreciate the comments, the deal would always be subject to conditions in order to derisk the purchase for a developer.sidestepping an agent is of interest, but so is getting the deal. If there is commercial agent or market hungry for action that i cant access as a regular realestate joe, then an agent is worth every cent!   so whats the deal with developers looking for blocks, are they on the same search engines and exposed to the saem agents as the rest of the public ?

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Cameltoad,

We do JVs in Perth and buy our blocks through agents.

The agents flick us numerous properties and many do not make the grade and the delete button gets a fair workout. I would suggest you speak to an active local REA anyway and just listen to what they are saying.

Not sure where your block is located,  what the current zoning is or what of price you are seeking. These factors are crucial as far as we are concerned as they do de-risk our process.

Participant
    @cameltoad

blocks are in beaconsfield, 2×800= 1600sqm total , both R35 , common rear fence providing dual street access with ocean views, looking for a combined sale price obviously greater than the sum of the two individual block values.
    any tips for a good agent to chat to?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.