All Topics / General Property / Need to decide on depreciation company for 3rd IP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

Settlement on Monday 27th May, finally got our 3rd IP and 1st Nras property. Now to decide which company to do the depreciation report. Got quotes off Dep Pro for $599.50 used them for our first one. BMT not used before but are in the area and have quoted a reduced price of $660 as they will not need to measure up for common area's as this is being done for other clients on the same estate. Napier and Blakeley used for our 2nd IP given to us by the developer as a thankyou after taking note of the first 2 quotes have come back with $495. Not sure if this is their normal cost or reduced to beat the other two quotes. Either way its decision time any body got any suggestions as to which is the best company more interested in which is the best out of the 3 of them than the price as quality comes first. Who would you use/or have used ??

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I've used BMT, very happy with them.  I like being able to discuss the property with them over the phone and having them tell me over the phone the minimum depreciation they will be able to find for the property.  I like that a lot.

Don't expend too much energy over-thinking it.  The difference is after all only $100.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of NOS1NOS1
    @nos1

Used bmt a few times and have not been disappointed … 

Profile photo of ConnollyConnolly
    Participant
    @connolly

BMT hands down- professional/ thorough and Money back guarantee in that if they cannot get you double the cost of the report (ie: $1340) in first year. Cant beat that!

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Bmt are great very professional could not go wrong

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Hey congrats you finally got there – didn't you have some issues with the builder if im not mistaken?

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

Thanks everyone looks like its BMT then.

Hi Shahin yes had problems with the one out in Coopers Plains Qld walked away from it due to the bad building inspection report I received that was the beginning of Jan, then tried for one already built in Annerley Qld but missed out to someone else. This one is in Meridan Plains on the Sunshine Coast Qld built by AV Jennings, building inspection and everything went fine this time around so finally on our way with an Nras property. Our other 2 are both in Chinchilla and doing really well so this one will compliment them, Paul is on very good income so we can afford to negative gear with it as the other 2 are just about neutral and cash positive after tax now.

Thanks again everyone,

Jean

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

You can't go too far with BMT.

I've also used corpred and write it off – both are fine too.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.