All Topics / Help Needed! / exclusive sale authority

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of sarah21sarah21
    @sarah21

i signed an exclusive sale authority 20/05/2013 today the 21/05/2013 i decided to cancel it and went to see the real estate agent to tell him this he was extremely rude and told me to bad i was binded to them for 120 days then i asked if i could have the copy he refused and i tried to talk to him about it but it got heated so i left, i just sent him an e-mail stating about my visit what we discussed and pointed out the item number 2.2 on the R.E.I.V and I requested he give an e-mail confirming the cancelation and if not i would be coming down tomorrow  to request the copy again and the cancelation to be effective from the 21/05/2013. i wanted to know if i leg to stand on or if he do this legally? please help! thanks!!!!

Profile photo of Ryan_vsRyan_vs
    Participant
    @ryan_vs

According to http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/, "…Do not sign anything, including a sales authority, unless you are prepared to engage the services of that agent. You do not have a cooling-off period (time to change your mind) after signing a sales authority."

Not sure what you could do legally.

At the end of the day, I guess you could just not allow the agent to show anyone through. He will get the hint eventually.

Profile photo of Amy WhiteAmy White
    Participant
    @amy-white

Once it is signed by both parties it is binding.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Contact Fair Trading in Vic, the REA must give you a copy. Ask them your rights.

Cheers

thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.