Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Nathan HouareauNathan Houareau
    Participant
    @the-general

Hi Everyone

I have a property in South Hedland which has a lot of equity in it which was managed by one company for 7 years very effectively (or so I thought) until last year when I became dissatisfied with certain members of staff. In hindsight I should have taken my grievances up with management. I ended up switching management companies. About one and a half months in the new management company tells me that I have $18,500 worth of work that needs to be done to the property before it can be re-let. Because I really see the future upswing for this property I'm left with no choice but to have the work done. Now I'm in a bind. Had the previous company informed me that there were maintenance issues I would have had them seen to as I always do. Now I'm in a position where I may be forced to sell because of someone elses negligence. I only owe about $14,500 on the bill now but am after any suggestions on how to raise the rest?

I really appreciate any help that you may have.

Thank you

Nathan

Nathan Houareau
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Personal loan secured or unsecured??

With 300 properties listed for sale and 200 rental vacancies I wish you luck.

Because I really see the future upswing for this property

I admire your optimism in the face of a declining market.

Profile photo of BennyteeBennytee
    Participant
    @ten_burner

You say you have a lot of equity in the property, have you thought of setting up a line of credit against the property? I am not so bullish about port hedland, maybe its time to cash out while you are ahead.

Profile photo of Nathan HouareauNathan Houareau
    Participant
    @the-general

Hi Everyone

Can someone talk to me about personal loans please? Both secured and unsecured?

Thank you

Nathan

Nathan Houareau
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

A personal loan is bank loan with a rate higher than your IO loan but lower than your credit card. The rate is higher because it is unsecured but if you have equity in the property, it may well be much more effective to take out a line of credit against that property. Have a chat to your bank or broker.

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

what do you need to know exactly?

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.