Forums / Property Investing / Help Needed! / Investing with Folio Invest?

1-Day Millionaire Mastermind Workshop - Only LIVE Training in 2019!
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of barneyrubble73barneyrubble73
    Participant
    @barneyrubble73

Hello all,

I have been offered a deal with Folio Invest in a unit complex in Mackay (under $300K, return of 9% with positive cash flow of $100/weel approx). Does anyone know anything about Folio Invest? Is there anything I shiuld be aware of in relation to them. It certainly seems like a good investment however I am certainly going to do some research first; starting here!

Kind regards

Barney

Profile photo of s0805s0805
    Participant
    @s0805

Hello Barney,

Pls note that I do not have any exp with Folio Invest, but can advise that when i was thinking about PI in early stage, I came across Folio Invest and got interested in their offerings.

I had consultation with them over the phone and decided against it  (after 2 weeks on thinking and lots of reading from this forum) my reasons were i wasn't planning to buy off the plan and to the area that i wasn't much aware of.  Also, their offer always sounded too good to be true…..in general sense i stay away from these…

At the end of the day, it all depends on your strategy. good luck….

cheers

s0805

Profile photo of crafertycraferty
    Participant
    @craferty

Hi Barney,

I first spoke with Folio Invest about 12mths ago and they were pretty good actually, plenty of knowledge but also happy to leave me to do my own research (for my comfort). I missed out on a property with them at the time (wife took too long to decide) which I was a bit disappointed about. We bought one eventually (on our own) but the buildings got a few strata issues at the moment so it's hard to rent. 

I'm looking at one in QLD with them which quotes returns of around the 8% mark, it may be the same project as yours. I did my own research and all the competing projects in the area are priced about 10-20% above their project. I think it's because it's a low level, medium density project, the other projects have flash pools, multiple lifts, basement parking, which means high strata and outgoings etc. I'm also looking at a low risk one in Brisbane with them which is a no-brainer.

Sometimes things are exactly as they seem (do your own research as well). Definitely happy with what they have offered and the info provided. 

Craferty

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Have no knowledge about Folio Invest but often find if it is too good to be true it probably is.

I always suggest to any of my clients they ask the firm they are dealing with what sort of portfolio they have themselves.

If they are they are that good in making money and recommending properties to investors why haven't they got a decent portfolio themselves.

So many of the salesman are still paying off their home loan but are out there telling you what to buy.

As a licensed investment adviser / buyers agent we put clients into property in Brisbane and Toowoomba and wouldn't go any further north. 

Most of our clients are looking to build a portfolio for longer term wealth creation and the fluctuations of Mackay, Gladstone are not for those who want to sleep well at night.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Mortgage Broker helping investors build their wealth thru property
    http://www.mortgagecapitalaustralia.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

0-40 Properties in a decade with a unencumbered portfolio value in excess of $40M. Ask me for a copy of my API Interview.

Profile photo of davedave
    Participant
    @wdcw1

Folio invest or Folio Property and Brad Bilbie, My investment term is now complete, i requested my funds to be returned with the 20% p/a only to be told repayment will be made in November, Now in December I’m told not till March. Has anyone else invested with them and is this acceptable in a Term Investment. With no way of seeing investors are being repaid I’m enquiring to see if this is another property investing rip off running in Australia or investors are being repaid, just late.

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Have you found out what the funds investment was used for? (ie a specific development)

They may have a development which is nearing completion but not fully settled hence why the delay in the return of funds. Best to enquire with them as to the specific reason for the delays so you can have a firm understanding of where your funds are and when you should likely have them returned.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of Neil316Neil316
    Participant
    @neil316

Hi Dave
    I have funds with Folio Invest in a project at Leppington and was due to receive funds back now as well. Brad Bilbie tells me there have been delays for various reasons, and that funds will start to be returned in March/April. I am aware of a number of investors who have not received any funds back at all. I am not aware of a single investor who has received anything back. This is obviously very worrying. I expect it will all turn very bad indeed if nothing is forthcoming in the next 3 months as promised.
    Neil

Neil316
    Email Me

Holding 10 properties, mixed results, still learning

Profile photo of worried investorworried investor
    Participant
    @worriedinvestor

Hi guys,
    I also have term investments with Brad Bilbie & the Folio companies including Ryan Strauss’ web of companies. My contract terms matured over 2 years ago and I am still waiting payment of principal & interest. Unfortunately this is not looking good for investors at all with lending contracts being breached in a multitude of areas and the borrowing companies providing some pretty outlandish excuses.

Doing research on the companies involved in the lending contracts you can see that the main development companies have been liquidated but Brad & his team had failed to inform any investors of this, also the guarantor Jacqueline Herps apparently used a falsified document from her accountant to show an inaccurate net position to investors at the front end and in fact has no assets in her name making her a useless guarantor as many legal teams have since discovered.

These people have been accused by groups of increasingly upset investors and their lawyers as professional criminals and will likely be under investigation by ASIC etc very soon if not already. The hope of recovering even the principal investment back is fading quickly and the prospect of throwing good money after bad in a potentially fruitless legal battle seems to be the current outlook.

Good luck to all investors and their recovery process, unfortunately as some experienced gents above have noted – if it seems to good to be true it likely is.

Profile photo of JoeJoe
    Participant
    @joe18

@ worried investor. I am and know others in the same position. Has anything come of this since your last post?

Profile photo of JoeJoe
    Participant
    @joe18

Hi All,

I invested with folio invest and now getting the run around. My return is at high risk

Upon further investigation
    1. Brad Bilbie is chairman at a new company (refer to link below)
    2. The address at folio invest is the same as the new company
    3. The address also appears to be for sale

http://www.valintmining.com/about-us/

If anyone has any further advice on how else to put a stop to this please reach out to me

Profile photo of Marie123Marie123
    Participant
    @marie123

There are investors all over that have been taken advantage of,unfortunately.

They dont seem to be taking responsibility for their side of the deal.

Profile photo of worried investorworried investor
    Participant
    @worriedinvestor

Hi @joe & other investors,
    unfortunately no good news since my original post, only continued excuses and blown out forecasts.

It is understood Brad now resides in Sierra Leone working on establishing mining projects.
    Investors are fed up and talking about action, to join the group (there may be more) please email [email protected] who is collating some info and has held occasional meetings.

All the best

Participant
    @marie123

He says he is there, but that is just a distraction.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

I noted today that the company, Folio Property Pty Ltd, is being ‘struck off’ the ASIC company register. I recommend everyone who lent them money get legal advice asap.

https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/SearchRegisters.jspx?_adf.ctrl-state=u3a5q07nx_4

Regards,

– Steve

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Participant
    @marie123

Thanks Steve. I will pass that information on to those I know who have invested and didn’t get their money back. I was one of the lucky ones that smelled a rat before it was too late. Hope it all works out as I hear he (they) are raising funds for gold mining in South Africa now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.