All Topics / Heads Up! / Ironfish

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of SebastianJefferyJonesSebastianJefferyJones
    Participant
    @sebastianjefferyjones

Part of the plan for me to achieve a strong financial education is to attend as many seminars as possible,

and network with as many individuals as I can.

In doing this, I've signed up for a free Ironfish seminar, and also  their free financial strategy meeting.

After briefly skimming through their website, alarm bells have went off. This is due to their information

regarding the importance of tax benefits, and also the great opportunities to be had purchasing new

buildings and off the plan developments. (I still remember my Dad explaining negative gearing to me

for the first time. I thought he was pulling my leg).

So, my question to you whizz's, is what can I expect going to this personal financial strategy tomorrow

and what sorts of hard hitting questions should I ask to ascertain whether this group is going to indeed

bring me closer to my goals, or whether they just want me to part with my sweet virgin capital.

Thanks, everyone.

Profile photo of zorrohdzorrohd
    @zorrohd

DON'T SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING!!!!!

even if you have to go with the lame excuse that you need to talk to your partner first and they are currently on safari in deepest darkest Africa and therefore not contactable by phone. 

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

They just sell off the plan property generally with high commissions

No bargains with them

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of SebastianJefferyJonesSebastianJefferyJones
    Participant
    @sebastianjefferyjones

I definitely won't be signing up for anything. Have you had any experience with Ironfish?

Profile photo of matthewhornematthewhorne
    Participant
    @matthewhorne

I have been to a couple of their seminars. The Founder of IronFish is an asian bloke and that is therefore their major clientele. They "promote" their properties as only being negatively geared for 5-7 years in most instances. Scary to believe that a lot of these people who attended actually signed up with them afterwards with this kind of information!!!

Profile photo of SebastianJefferyJonesSebastianJefferyJones
    Participant
    @sebastianjefferyjones

That's incredible. Must have been some pretty well marketed stuff!

Profile photo of zorrohdzorrohd
    @zorrohd

Hi Sebastian,

No experience with Ironfish, but certainly had a few others try to get their sticky fingers in my purse.  Anyway, at our early stage of the property journey, any knowledge is handy, even if its what not to do, or who not to listen to. <moderator: delete language>

Maybe if a seminar is 'free'' there is an ulterior motive?  Like trying to sell you something?  Just saying……

Cheers, Claire. 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.