All Topics / Commercial Property / Registering Commercial Leases – NSW

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of thesupermanthesuperman
    @thesuperman

I have been informed if a Commercial lease has a term of more than 3 years, it must be registered. Is that correct?

Say you bought a property with a current tenant & the lease wasn't registered. What happens if the lease isn't registered? How much & where do you register the lease? Are there any legal issues now or down the track?

How do you check if a Commercial lease is registered or not? Is there a free site to check this somehow?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates
    thesuperman wrote:
    I have been informed if a Commercial lease has a term of more than 3 years, it must be registered. Is that correct?

Say you bought a property with a current tenant & the lease wasn't registered. What happens if the lease isn't registered? How much & where do you register the lease? Are there any legal issues now or down the track? It costs very little to register the lease and put it right. The registration serves to alert owners/mortgagees etc that there is a lesser interest in place.

How do you check if a Commercial lease is registered or not? Is there a free site to check this somehow?

Fee for service – it takes a title search to reveal all encumbrances

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.