All Topics / Help Needed! / Any knowledge of area

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Aidan GilhoolyAidan Gilhooly
    Participant
    @aidan-gilhooly

I have an Investment house in Bundamba near Ipswich which has lost value largely.  Is it worth keeping, will it go up in 5 years or is it best to sell?

Profile photo of DubstepDubstep
    Participant
    @dubstep

Hi Aiden,  That is a hard question to answer without the crystal ball, what is your opinion of what may happen, and are you considering cutting your losses ?  Cheers.

Profile photo of RPIRPI
    Participant
    @rpi

Ipswich has a history of going up and down a lot more with the cycle.  I can remember $30k houses there when i was paying $170k in Brisbane, then they were $300k there and $400k in Brisbane.  A mate of mine bought one out there for $70k, sold it 5 years later for $60k and then it sold for $300k a year or so later.

If you can hold it and you think there will be another upswing then you may want to wait to then.  Unfortunately I do not follow the market out there so can't help.

D

RPI | Certus Legal Group / PRO Town Planners
    http://www.certuslegal.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Lawyer & Town Planner

Profile photo of EmilEmil
    @emil

Hi,

According to realestate(dot)com(dot)au, the latest median prices for recently sold properties are:

– $380,000 for houses

– $265,000 for units

The demand is pretty high, figures showing that there are approximately 11 people looking per house within Bundamba.

Cheers,

Emil

Profile photo of Aidan GilhoolyAidan Gilhooly
    Participant
    @aidan-gilhooly

Thanks alot.  Yeah i live in Kalgoorlie so have no real knowledge of area, obviously a big mistake in the first place.

I have been wondering to hold on for 5 years or so or sell its a hard one because it is just not going up in value.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.