All Topics / Help Needed! / Help! Recommended Investment Suburbs for low prices

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of noincomenoincome
    @noincome

Hi everyone,

I want to get my foot in the door and buy my first investment property just wondering where would be good suburbs to buy that are under $200k to $250k that are positive gear.

What amount of a deposit would we need like what percentage?

Can anyone point me in the right direction of any positive gear properties for this price?

Thanks

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Cessnock, Maitland or you can manufacture dual income in several areas around Newcastle.

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Profile photo of noincomenoincome
    @noincome

Thanks for your help i will have a look at them now

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi noincome

Welcome aboard.

You need at least a 5% deposit and funds to cover costs – which as an estimate will be around 5% of the purchase price. So as a bare minimum – aim to come up with 10% of the purchase price.

Queanbeyan, NSW can be good – if you can pick up a cheap 2 bedroom unit in need of cosmetic renos you can add some equity quite quickly.

Logan in QLD has cheapies with decent yields.

North Adelaide is similar.

West Sydney is the same – but probably a bit more expensive these days compared to a few years ago.

Having said that, there's hundreds of areas that fit your description – so you'll need to narrow down your search.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of wilkie0611wilkie0611
    @wilkie0611

Id also suggest get a copy of api or your porperty investment have a look at the stats on the back for price ranges your comfortable with and go from there …

Profile photo of EmilEmil
    @emil

Hi there,

I’d say that The Northern Territory is the perfect area for you to find a property under $250k with promising high returns. Darwin has been Australia’s market leader since 2004, offering gross rental yields of 6%. According to realestate(dot)com(dot)au, at this point there are 67 properties for sale in NT with prices below $250k and 18 of them are from Darwin and its surrounding suburbs. RP Data, SQM Research, Property Observer, and Australian Property Monitors offer lots of information and can really help you identify the suburb that best fits you.

Cheers,

Emil

Profile photo of davejohnodavejohno
    @davejohno

Collinsville and Oakey in QLD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.