All Topics / Overseas Deals / Orlando Florida

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I thought it would be a good idea to list some information about Florida and Orlando especially to give investors reasons why I think this is a good market.

Third fastest population growth in America

Over 219,000 moved to Florida in 2011-2012

Will become the third largest state in 2013-2

Economic growth continues to strengthen in 2013

In 2013-2014 it is expected that population growth will equal the last 4 years combined.

Population greater Orlando area 2,175,000

9th busiest airport in the United States

Orlando to be the 8th highest jobs growth market in the United  States over the next 5 years Kipliner financial magazine

Highest jobs growth  industries

Health care and bio tech

Expanding high tech

Tourism  hotels and resorts

Named in the top 10 boom cities for the next 10 years in Forbes Magazine

High Technology Companies

There are over 100 companies adding more than 2.5 billion dollars to the local economy. With over 1000 software companies adding an extra 1 Billion dollars

Aerospace and Aviation industries

Companies such as Delta Connection Academy, Flight Training International, The Boeing Company and the Lockhead Martin Group

Film and Television

Tourism

56 Million people visited Orlando in 2012

Spending over 31 Billion in local economy

Disney World employs 59,000 people- They are now planning on doubling the size  of the park

Universal Studios

Sea World

Wet and Wild

2nd highest number of Hotel rooms in the United States

Waldorf Astoria Orlando was the first new build hotel in the group since they first opened in New York in 1932

I believe that this is  a market that is worth doing some due diligence if you are interested in the United States. 

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of John-USA-CommercialREJohn-USA-CommercialRE
    Participant
    @john-usa-commercialre

All very factual information Nigel; great post.

Being in the Central Florida marketplace daily I can certainly attest to the information you have shared.  The Orlando market specifically has a resilient nature about it even through the down turn of this Country's economy 6-years ago.  From the center of it all I am happy to report that housing is back on the rise, new construction is making a come back and redevelopment is happening throughout.  With over 600 people per day moving to Florida in 2012 estimated to increase by 40% in 2013; this is of course a demand that moves real estate of any kind.

John-USA-CommercialRE
    Email Me

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle
    John-USA-CommercialRE wrote:
    The Orlando market specifically has a resilient nature about it even through the down turn of this Country's economy 6-years ago.  

Rubbish!! Florida was smashed. It was one of the worst performing states of all. It is the least resilient of all. And when the next correction comes along it will do exactly the same thing.

Do you two actually research stuff before spruiking an area or is off the top of your head kinda stuff. Whatever it is I'm astounded at the lack of professionalism you two constantly exhibit. You must think people are complete idiots if you think they'll swallow whatever it is you guys pass off as expert commentary.

Click the graph for many more…..

Florida was in trouble before the GFC

Is this a bottom like the Jun 09 bottom above..

Moody's think FL might be one of the slowest States to recover… it's recovery to date seems to support that contention at this point.

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Firstly we are simply posting information

We are not telling anyone to follow us blindly infact I have continually said you should go and see the market for yourself

freckle said

Rubbish!! Florida was smashed. It was one of the United States worst performing states of all. It is the least resilient of all. And when the next correction comes along it will do exactly the same thing.

No one has ever said that the market was not badly effected by the GFC.  It is a matter of understanding why this happened. The lending policy in Florida was very silly. This is where we saw 100% loans where if you had a pulse beat you got the loan. The end result was that sales on property far exceeded there real value so that when the finance markets collapsed in the market fall a lot further than it should have.

Now it is not unusual if we look at the Australian market after the GST and see the level of stimulus that was applied to the first home buyers market the market became artificial if you suddenly say we will give you $32000 for a new house guess what demand is increased and up go the prices. When the stimulus came off the market fall as demand stopped. 

This was no different in Florida. If we look at a market like Texas you still need a 20% deposit to buy and as such the market remained steady and did not fall

The reason I have mentioned show that the economy is increasing and the assets that I suggest investors should look at are not the bottom of the market but rather commercial assets.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

I wonder where freckle gets all his graphs from? Either way the signs don’t look too good. I understand they are open to interpretation but for someone wanting to invest in Florida it sure would scare the hell out of them. Too risky in my books.

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

If a market has fallen as did the entire US economy there will be a recovery. It is a matter a looking at safer assets. Frankly Joe you keep accusing me of spruiking. All I am doing is looking at the market to see what it is doing. There are always opportunities. At the worst part of the market there were some great buys. I do not think that bargain basement properties are there anymore. However with finance coming back it is a matter of looking at more solid investments

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel

It’s a bit like what shahin said you guys work together and high 5 each other in the same post. Not a good look.

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Joe  I could say the same about you and freckle. I never see you say anything positive you just talk crap.

We post information. As I keep saying we deal in this market and suggest that people have a look a decide for themselves. What do you do Joe

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel

I may post crap but I know for a fact it’s not going to burn anyone. I don’t sell I just comment.

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Joe  We are buyers agents we buy property for people and teach them how to do it. I do not burn anyone. I teach people to do there own research.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel

We’ll have to agree to disagree.

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Have to agree to disagree about what

Have you ever been to America. What are you basing your opinion on?

How many people can you find who I have burned?

Unlike a lot of people who deal in this market, I have been there and have a partner on the ground.

Finally Joe I am not asking anyone to take my word on anything. I am just saying that this is a market that is worth looking at nothing more nothing less

There are also great opportunities in Australia. People who have lost money investing in America and Australia for that matter have done so because they do no research. All I have done is posted information and suggested that people should look at the market for themselves.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @jmsrachel

I’ll be the first to admit i know bugger all in regards to investing in USA, but when you’re asked to produce hard core evidence that the market is on the rise, which you haven’t, it’s hard to believe it’s getting any better. Stand in my shoes and watch the debate between you and freckle. Who would you believe. I’m not calling you a crook but your not convincing me Florida is any good.

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

Come on guys you work in the same company and you are giving high fives to each other on the same post. That plus you are the only ones that seem to make comments on your own posts. 

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Blocked
    @freckle
    Nigel Kibel wrote:

Finally Joe I am not asking anyone to take my word on anything.

You've lost me?? What's the point of your incessant Florida, Texas, Orlando posts all about then. Just chit chat to pass the time of day? 

Quote:
    I am just saying that this is a market that is worth looking at nothing more nothing less

You must think we're idiots. Your motives stick out like a sore thumb. You and your associate playing forum tag all based around a pecuniary interest in your own markets. You guys bang on about nothing other than what serves your personal interests.

I could tolerate it better if I thought you two actually new what you were talking about.

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

I have stated that people should look at the US markets and make up there own minds. If people wanted to follow your rubbish about the world coming to an end they would not do anything. Your only way of doing anything to to use insults. Frankly I do not care what you think. The fact that the market has fallen is true how does that prove that certain type of products will not recover?

Email Me | Phone Me

Blocked
    @freckle
    Nigel Kibel wrote:

If people wanted to follow your rubbish about the world coming to an end they would not do anything.

First lets clarify. I never said the world was coming to an end. I said human civilisation maybe entering a NTE event according to some scientific research.

Again you are intellectually unable to grasp the problem so I'll ilucidate for you. If I put 10 fish in a pond they will eventually die once they've depleted their resources. If I put 20 sheep in a 100 acre paddock they will eventually deplete their resources. The speed will be determined by population growth. It's a simple model. My wife even understands it and she's blonde. 

Human civilisation is at the end point of its practical ability to sustain itself without a substantial shift to sustainable lifestyles and economic systems. GDP is simply a measure of our ability to convert living ecosystems to dead material things and the need for perpetual growth ensures we will consume ourselves to death in a finite world. Exponential growth within finite systems is a well proven impossibility yet many persist with this economic model. By around 2050 we will need 3 earth systems to sustain the projected population. Given that we haven't got those resources our demise is a mathematical certainty. The only questions that remain are how and when? 

Theoretically there are solutions but they are untenable. We would need to shed 50% of humanity now to even have a hope of getting things back under control. But we are psychologically unable to accept the inevitable. It's in our programming. You are an example of humanities inability to accept its own demise. 

There are signs of systemic failure everywhere as a our ecosystems start to labor under the ever increasing load. The US is in the grip of a drought unseen for 800 years. There is concern in the US like there was here in Australia that it may be decades before this drought breaks. Midwest aridation as occurred in the 1930's is a serious concern for them as well as the economic consequences drought brings and the associated spike in food prices.

There is a growing body of opinion that the die is now cast while others still believe we have a chance to correct our current self destructive course. Your response simply reinforces the opinion that the die is most likely cast and that by the time humanity realises the extent of the problem the opportunity to turn things around will have passed.

The difference between you and I is that I accept that we have a problem and choose to take action to mitigate it. You on the other hand belittle the problem in your ignorance and carry on as if the essential resources of life are infinite. 

My approach means there's nothing to loose. Yours ensures we eventually loose everything.

A fact is a simple statement that everyone believes. It is innocent, unless found guilty. A hypothesis is a novel suggestion that no one wants to believe. It is guilty, until found effective.

Edward Teller

Profile photo of TheFinanceShopTheFinanceShop
    Participant
    @thefinanceshop

The difference is that they are not constantly pedaling their own agendas.

Regards

Shahin

TheFinanceShop | Elite Property Finance
    http://www.elitepropertyfinance.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Residential and Commercial Brokerage

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Freckle

This post is about providing people with information about Florida. Again I will stress I am not telling anyone to buy here I am simply saying that I believe there are opportunities.

Now do I totally disagree with your above comments no. I do not need a simplistic lesson on why population may cause problems in the future.

However this post is on Orlando Florida and even if what you say is 100% right it still does not mean that over the next 5 years there will be growth in this market.

What I would suggest is if you want to have a discussion about the future start a separate post and I will happily join in. 

Email Me | Phone Me

Blocked
    @freckle
    Nigel Kibel wrote:
    Freckle

What I would suggest is if you want to have a discussion about the future start a separate post and I will happily join in. 

Again you struggle with the sub themes of this thread. Recovery as you like to proclaim as occurring within your chosen locations is a future narrative that requires a modicum of understanding. All investing requires some degree of fortune telling. 

Any future recovery has to consider future head winds. Understanding the best case worst case scenarios from whatever cause will or should enable the investor to make sound decisions with concomitant strategies to deal with extreme events.

Food water energy climate are all significant factors that affect Florida's economy YoY. It has a significant agricultural base that employs thousands; it's a transport and export hub for the southeast quadrant, tourism and climate are significant factors in its economy and to top it off that region experiences some of the worst that climate can throw it. 

So any long term investor considering the southern states economies would, if they were a serious investor, have to consider the 10 – 20 year time frame in their deliberations.

In a little over 150 years human civilisation has gone from horse drawn carts to running robot probes on mars; from 1 billion people to 7+ billion people. 

If you want to be an investor anywhere you'd better start understanding where were going as a race over the next 50 years or you'll be in for some nasty suprises. 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.